Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Will wonders never cease?

Zane

Suspended
Well It sure was not a 20.00 dollar hat but I bet anybody could have made it into a 100 dollar hat with some work. That feller was just priced to high.

Zane

Suspended
Ahh it is that same hat. Now I am catching back up. Well I could be like th aold preacher that finds some good in everything and say that it seems to have a cloth sweat and you know them cloth sweats do allow for a one size fits many ...

Originally posted by Canadave
Zane,

This hat has a history in The Lounge. Check this out;

http://fedoralounge.skyblueproductions.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=912&highlight=pimp

David

Ok, You brought up the bark bag that just resembles a hat not me so here it goes: LOL
I was surprised to see another hat something like it in an antique store (thats citified for old junk store Zane :D) just last weekend. It had a fur edge around the brim though. :eek: The name on it was Mr. John! The lettering was the same style as Pimp Hat. This was clearly a woman's hat. The felt was just junk too. You are lucky you didn't get it. It felt like a porcupine in my hand. LOL
It did fit my wife though. LOL
No, I did not buy it! You would have to drag me over broken glass naked before I bought something like that. I think the one I saw was worse with the fur edge and porcupine felt. It was the same color though. My wife and I both looked at each other knowing exactly what it was. Maybe next time I go by that shop I will bring a camera. It could be a hoot. LOL
By the way, I just got my hands on a beautiful gray stetson 3X fedora circa 1950s. It has the selv edge all the way around the brim and a black ribbon. It is in just beautiful shape. These were thrown in with a few other hats I got. The problem is that it is a 6 7/8! It fits me like a beanie! It also came with an old stetson porkpie straw in the same size. I love that hat too but it is the same size. Anyone with an 6 7/8 head that needs a few hats cheap? I hate to get rid of them but they do not fit and I am just going to be sick looking at them knowing I can't wear them. Barring that, anyone working on an enlargement ray gun? I could then sell them to David. LOL

Regards to all,

J

rayk

Familiar Face
Holy smoke!! That means that I still have a shot at acquiring this beauty. Okay you guys...back off :rage:

Zane

Suspended
Jamespowers you,Canadave and Rayk, Have got me hampering at trying some humor too. I better get off here and go to bed or something . I have to say this is more fun thatn going into any drinking or social establishment.

Originally posted by Zane
Jamespowers you,Canadave and Rayk, Have got me hampering at trying some humor too. I better get off here and go to bed or something . I have to say this is more fun thatn going into any drinking or social establishment.

Now you see why we hang out here. It is the Lounge where you can't get drunk just sitting there talking. :D
Let go with the humor. We entertain plenty of that here. Everyone is probably tired of me being the one who is always ready with the humorous clip. :confused:

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran