Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wish List..

Eyemo

Practically Family
Whats next on the wish list and why...does someone out there have what your looking for (Mods please move if this isn't in the right place)..Can we swap?

I'll start off..
I want a WW2 USN life jacket with collar (They were cut off post war) For my potential US WW2 Museum....
Also want a portable US army Typewriter and leather cased signal corps telephone...:) For my Correspondence Impression.

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Okay I'll add. But I suspect that we will be moved to the WW2 section. As I'm looking for:

Officers Small Wall Tent
Type One field desk
Chaplain's Portable Organ
Chaplain's Alter Set

And the sundry other requirements of my newest impression, that of a WW2 Chaplain in the Army Air Corps.

A friend will loan me his wall tent which is good because they are nearly impossible to find, the field desk I'll be able to find easily enough and with some penny pinching even afford. The Organs are available but are around 700 dollars. The Alter Set is nigh impossible to find so that's my major WISH on the wishlist.

Thanks for the opportunity to wine
Matt

Eyemo

Practically Family
Fantastic...This is open to all periods and items, so lets not limit it to WW2 stuff..:)

I continue to search for vintage fountain pens!

I'd like to get:
some of the Frankart Art Deco lamps
more art deco posters framed by Aaron Bros too!
vintage baseball mitt 1930's or so
old phones
vintage desk intercom system
cool old desk for the office
art deco radio
art deco waterfall bed room set
heck -an art deco home!
more 1940's ties
Matt Deckard suit(s)
some Spectator shoes
more oxfrod saddle shoes
oxford bucks
brogans
1930's car
1940's car

that's for a start.

MPicciotto

Practically Family
Ah the waterfall bedroom set. I inherited one from my late Grandmother. But being an antiques dealer off again on again I've seen several at auction here in the Mid-Atlantic. Are they not available in your area?

Matt

MPicciotto said:
Ah the waterfall bedroom set. I inherited one from my late Grandmother. But being an antiques dealer off again on again I've seen several at auction here in the Mid-Atlantic. Are they not available in your area? Matt
Yes and no. They are out here but they don't turn up as often as back East.
I have never seen a complete set in an Antiques store. A friend of an FLer out here has one up on Craigs list right now. (My Norton software blocks me from opening the pix!)

Right now it is a matter of having the FUNDS for all of these delights not the availability. Such is life.

Warbaby

One Too Many
There are a lot of things on my wish list, but they're almost all things that I can't even begin to afford.

However, there's one thing on my list that's affordable and possibly attainable. I need a Parker Duofold desk pen from the 1920s for a fabulous Art Deco Parker pen holder that I'm restoring. Specifically, I need the pen with either a green mottled barrel and black extension or the black barrel with a light green extension. Anybody got one they want to part with?

Warbaby said:
However, there's one thing on my list that's affordable and possibly attainable. I need a Parker Duofold desk pen from the 1920s for a fabulous Art Deco Parker pen holder that I'm restoring. Specifically, I need the pen with either a green mottled barrel and black extension or the black barrel with a light green extension. Anybody got one they want to part with?
If you can find the right regular Duofold, i belive the extension piece will screw on in place of the blind cap covering the filler button on the end of the Duofold. Fred at the Fountain Pen Shop in Monrovia CA may have the extensions and may be able to point you to a collector with the pen too. Do you ant the full size or a junior?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I assume you mean "aside from more hats and ties"?
For me, it's more Deco era home decor. BTW, as snazzy as waterfall furniture is, it's not the only Art Deco furniture style. If you peruse Ebay's categories, you'll find some gorgeous (and yes, obscenely expensive) French stuff from the 20's and 30's that is not waterfall, but has many other Deco features. I recently got an English oak sideboard that is not waterfall.
One thing I want some time soon is a nice Streamlined Modern torchere floorlamp. I'd also like to find some 40's style material for kitchen curtains.
And, oh yes, I still dream of that 1941 Buick Century.

carter

I'll Lock Up
71Eagle said:
I'd like a pair of Army Officer Cavalry Field boots that aren't $600.00.

Like these? M1940 repros at What Price Glory. $295.00 + shipping.

M1940boot.jpg

http://www.whatpriceglory.com/usboot.htm

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Does this count?

I have always dreamt of a bedroom that looks exactly like this! with bookcases, a fireplace, french windows .....high ceilings, tradicional old style decoration....
This is high on my wish list. May be some day...sighs :eek:

havestraw_bedroom_02.jpg

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Wow...the choices.

Right now
*more summery rayon tops since summer will never end here in lower california.*yucky*
*1930's era walnut vanity with batwing mirrors
*a larger apartment

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
KY Gentleman said:
I will never get one but I'd like a Hudson Terraplane.
I probably will get my next Stetson though.;)

Why do you say that you'll never have a Hudson Terraplane? That's not the kind of attitude I like to see! I wanted a vintage care for a long time, now, I have driven one for over 4 years and I have to say that it's not easy, it's work but, I love it.

Never sell your self short!

By the way I wish I had...

Maybe one nice double breasted fancy back suit from the mid 30s... a three piece of course.

Also, a 1934 Plymouth roaster! And I do mean to have one in my future... not sure when, but I know I will own one!

Also, I wish to lose some weight so I can wear my good clothes again!lol

CaddyKid21

One of the Regulars
Hmm, this is an hard one...
  • A early 1940's home complete with a 1939 Buick Century Convertible in the driveway.
  • The Hughes jacket from Magnoli, and the Chicago Overcoat.
  • A Eisenhower jacket
  • A Crosley Midget car
    Alot more, but cannot think of anything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner