Wolfbrae Custom Hatters

Discussion in 'Hats' started by deadlyhandsome, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Rmccamey

Rmccamey My Mail is Forwarded Here

Woohoo. Nice, Brent.

deadlyhandsome and Blare like this.
  2. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

The terrible news is I used the Burgundy ribbon on your Sunbody and had just enough for Brent's....and now I have none!

Blare, Rmccamey, Pellie and 1 other person like this.

3. Thanks, Joe. I don’t know what I’m more excited about: my refurbishment/restoration hats or my customs. Robert does great work on them all.

Blare likes this.
  4. I really appreciate when hatters send photos throughout the build. It makes the process more enjoyable and the whole experience nicer. Robert gets full marks on this.

37D805B7-8194-4E22-8B2C-62DACC73828B.jpeg

5. Rmccamey

That looks like a great, lightweight hat.

deadlyhandsome likes this.

6. Thanks, Randy. Robert just told me that my next care package from Canada will ship next week. It should be here when I get back from a trip to your part of the world. We’re exploring possible retirement locations and we plan on spending four days in Texas before continuing east. We still have four years before I retire, but we’re excited to start exploring our alternatives.

Rmccamey and Tukwila like this.
  7. Tukwila

Tukwila My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts about the areas. We have at least 3 or 4 years as well.

Rmccamey and deadlyhandsome like this.

8. I figured you had already found the Promised Land? I’ve been wondering the desert for my 40 years and I’m ready to find Canaan.

We are looking at Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and a few other states. I wanted to see them in all their hot and humid glory. I figure if I like them at their worst then they’ll make my list.

9. Tukwila

I have a brother in Arkansas. They seem to like it ok.

We were thinking more like Texas or Florida... but Idaho apparently is not out of the question.

10. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

We love Idaho in the spring and fall but the winters are the tough part......I am a west coast wimp.

11. My wife hats the cold. I don’t mind the cold but hare the heat. The Central Coast region of California has our ideal weather other than the lack of rain. Unfortunately, the Central Coast of California is in California. :) My trade off in dealing with the heat is I get a minimum of 10 acres to play with.

Idaho is beautiful, and we also love the area around Kalispell, Montana…except the winters. We only started thinking of Southern locations a couple years ago.

Blare and Tukwila like this.
  12. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

My wife is from Edmonton, Alberta and moved to Vancouver to be with me. I am still a little skeptical that the real reason for her move to Vancouver was not me but to escape the winters. I would have to drug her, tie her up to get her back to cold winters. We would love to move to a small town somewhere in the western US but we would take a big hit on our government pensions and the health care cost makes it totally unworkable. So many wonderful little towns spread throughout the western states we would be hard pressed to choose one.

Blare and deadlyhandsome like this.
  13. Tukwila

My wife hates the cold, too, but is fed up with the left coast leftists.... so she is the one who said Idaho, which surprised me.

I love Montana, too... Kalispell, Whitefish, anywhere around Flathead Lake...

quikrick, deadlyhandsome and Blare like this.
  14. steur

steur

Grey hat, black ribbon and lighter brim binding; it doesn't get any more classic than that and I love it. Should be a good one, Brent.

Blare likes this.
  15. bobm

bobm A-List Customer

On its way to NJ as soon as Robert does some final finishing. And I agree with Brent, it is very appreciated to see the hats as a work in progress, with the updates.

hat1.jpg hat2.jpg hat3.jpg hat4.jpg

16. Just A Hat Rack

Just A Hat Rack Practically Family

I have always been intrigued by north central Arizona, namely Prescott. I've never been to Prescott specifically, only other places in the region such as Sedona and Flagstaff. From what I've come to understand, it's not super hot and dry that Arizona is commonly associated with. Its a more temperate region where it gets hot, but not too hot, and gets cold, but not too cold. They also have annual monsoons that occur during the late summer months. I'm nowhere near retirement, and I could never get my wife to leave Ohio, but if I could, that area would be high on my list for a retirement destination.

deadlyhandsome and Blare like this.
  17. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Can't speak to the weather but it certainly is pretty and with mountains and greenery not your commonly thought vista of Arizona.

Just A Hat Rack likes this.
  18. Rmccamey

Not sure what you are looking for but the Texas Hill country is a popular retirement destination...Comfort, Kerrville, Fredericksburg.

19. I was thinking more of the Piney Woods region, but the humidity might have me rethinking. I currently work in an area not unlike the Hill Country.

Blare and Rmccamey like this.
  20. Rmccamey

East Texas pineywoods and the gulf coast will give you plenty of humidity. I have too much in central Texas for my liking. Tyler is another very nice locale; big enough for a TV station but not so big they have to have a traffic reporter! Victoria, TX is a very nice and under-appreciated "small town" that often goes unnoticed...about 100 miles off the coast.

Nice lakes and hunting in the northeast: Mt. Pleasant, Mt. Vernon, Paris.

I like higher elevations and piece and quiet. I could easily live in Fort Davis or Alpine, just north of Big Bend.