Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Women's hats are back?

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Movies have always had a huge impact on popular fashion, and it's being reported that the new Sex & the City movie, along with celebrity trend-setters who have already jumped on the bandwagon, will influence more women to wear fancy hats again in the near future. This should be an interesting development in the weeks and months to come.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
MissMissy said:
I hope they do come back into fashion, then maybe I won't get so many strange looks while wearing my lovely hats.lol
Absolutely. It will be great if it's true. I know that fashion is cyclic, and more and more I've been hearing how the styles that we here prefer are coming back into popularity. Perhaps we'll all be vindicated. lol

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
The Missus went last night, at midnight, to see Sex & The City the movie. This morning she tells me, one of the boy-friends in the film, he wears a fedora. Just what we needed, more competition on OFAS! :p
great...:rolleyes: lol lol

alexandra

Practically Family
I saw a thing on Breakfast Television today on "How to Dress Like Indiana Jones and Sex in the City"

It was...interesting

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
I like the prospect of women's hats coming back. Men can get away with hats to a greater degree than women, at least when it comes to something other than a straw sunhat or baseball cap. Hopefully it won't be something strictly relegated to eveningwear.

A hat gives an outfit "a great deal of style," says Smith. "But to pull it off, you have to be a hat person -- a creative, confident person who likes attention, likes to stand out in a crowd."

What if we aren't, but we want to wear hats anyway? I guess the prerequisite there would be thick skin. :)

roots66

One of the Regulars
Miss 1929 said:
like the "Spring Threw Up" hat we all commented on before... you couldn't pay me to wear that!

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=30580

SJP wears an even wackier headpiece in the movie--but also makes a joke about it later on, so we don't have to.

Far more disturbing is the trailer for the upcoming remake of "The Women" updated for the SATC generation that was screened beforehand. At first I thought it was a mere SATC rip-off featuring older chicks (right down to giving Meg Ryan wild Carrie Bradshaw-esque waves)...it took me quite a while to realize why the character's names and the plot seemed so familiar! I shudder in trainwreck terror--yet I cannot look away!

Lulu-in-Ny

A-List Customer
roots66 said:
SJP wears an even wackier headpiece in the movie--but also makes a joke about it later on, so we don't have to.

Far more disturbing is the trailer for the upcoming remake of "The Women" updated for the SATC generation that was screened beforehand. At first I thought it was a mere SATC rip-off featuring older chicks (right down to giving Meg Ryan wild Carrie Bradshaw-esque waves)...it took me quite a while to realize why the character's names and the plot seemed so familiar! I shudder in trainwreck terror--yet I cannot look away!
:eek:fftopic: , but where did you see the trailer for The Women? Can't find it anywhere.

Last_Chael

One of the Regulars
I have never been able to wear the usual hats (I look awful in baseball caps!) but I've always managed to pull off the vintage hat look. Especially wide brimmed sunhats! I do hope this is true, because it would be nice to see more women wearing hats!

DrSpeed

One of the Regulars
I applaud it. I have a soft spot for hat wearing women, as my wife can confirm ;)
I suppose I'm not even considering looks first. A hat may be advantageous for those, but it's all about attitude and presence, far more interesting than a pretty shell!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Well I never wear hats, but I wore my old gucci fedora-like hat yesterday and even though I got some looks on the street, I got some great compliments too and I felt a bit wicked in it too... okay VERY wicked!!

MissS

A-List Customer
Hmmm, who cares, I say! In or out, I'll keep wearing them when the mood arises. Wore a cute little 40's tilt with black netting yesterday - like you Darhling, it makes me feel a different - for me a little sexy and sultry? Must be all that peek-a-booing through the net.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
MissS said:
Hmmm, who cares, I say! In or out, I'll keep wearing them when the mood arises. Wore a cute little 40's tilt with black netting yesterday - like you Darhling, it makes me feel a different - for me a little sexy and sultry? Must be all that peek-a-booing through the net.

sounds beautiful!! Do you have any pics?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
MissS said:
I haven't been in a picture taking mood, lately, but will snap one for you soon.

sure sweetie, you can just snap one of the hat too. I haven't tried any lady hats yet - so far I am into manly hats lol hmm makes me think, maybe I can find a man with the same hatsize as myself and I can pursuade him to let me use them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails