Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WooHOO! Mamma needs a new pair of shoes!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Yeah! I have been looking for red pinups for over a year. While I'd rather have vintage, these will do nicely!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7700108734&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I was bidding on a gorgeous vintage leather pair last year and got out bid.. they were up to $80 which was not bad, but I was afraid to go higher just in case they didn't fit!!

I'm so excited.. I have the perfect dress for these. I joined Weight Watchers last week so it will take me a few months to get into it, it was a prepreggo dress I never even got to wear. Of course, I didn't have the right shoes anyway, LOL!

Ohairas

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hmm.... site always chops links!

Anyone know why the lounge always chops the ebay links? Yahoo groups does this too.. frustrating! Here's the item number if ya wanna see,

O

MissTayva

Ahhhhh, I remember those! Not bad at all for a modern pair. The heel isn't exact but is a million times better than most reproduction shoes.
Victoria's Secret has these pretty decent looking suede platform heels. The vamp is beautiful... looks so authentic, but it has this ugly-as-hell stiletto heel on it. Such a disappointment. ReMix does a great job w/ their reproductions, but I think I still have better ideas for what's cool! :)

OT-- Good for you for joining WW!
I need to tone up a bit after having these kids... I have six big photoshoots coming up in Sept. that I need to look svelte for! Have you tried weight training at all? It really, really helps!

Tayva, who needs to heed her own advice! ;-)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
OT-- Good for you for joining WW!
I need to tone up a bit after having these kids... I have six big photoshoots coming up in Sept. that I need to look svelte for! Have you tried weight training at all? It really, really helps!

Thanks Tayva~
The first time I dropped 60 pounds I tried going to the gym and working out.. but I gain muscle mass so quickly, no matter how low the weights/reps. I get really stocky! I found some awesome bellydance workout tapes tho, just using my own resistance. I really like them.. plus I want to learn the dance.
I'm all about the waist, I just can't wait to get back into my corset, which is a 22.

Yes.. I've seen lots of cool shoes that had great vintage potential.. until you get to the heel.. bummer!

~O

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I forgot to add~~ My hubby said he would pay for pin up pics when I get to my goal weight, yeah!!

~O

MissTayva

I actually paid the sale price for mine... the owner is a friend of ours... plus we always buy an insane amount of shoes from him.
My husband likes the white bucks, and if you know Arizona, you can probably imagine how dirty they get in a short amount of time.
I can't believe that the babydoll and platform stock hasn't moved out the door. I think a lot of people don't know about them! They really are great shoes. I even like the weird colored ones :)

Ohairas-- do you wear a girdle at all? I found wearing one constantly helped train my waist back down. I wore one of those rubber ones :)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Hmpf! It figures they go on sale so cheap after I buy a pair! LOL!

Miss Tayva, I'll start a new thread on girdles, I think it will be interesting.

~O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails