Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WORST Record Albums EVER

Marc Chevalier said:
organ.jpg

Is this good? I've found that random hammond albums are often very good. 'Specially with such swingin' chicks on the cover. Rowr!

bk

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Baron Kurtz said:
But you see with the pink shirts the Bros are trying to say "yeah, we're a little bit crazy too, ya know". And with the black ties trying to attract the johnny Cash audience ... So much in just one terrible album cover!

bk

I just searched the web, and you can even get Louvin Bros. ringtones. :)

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Marc: are these albums all from your OWN personal collection?

Funny how you collated them all so quickly, and scaned them all so quickly - I guess you had them all in alphabetical order near your record player.

Brahaha!!!

S

Samsa

Baron Kurtz said:
Not only do i have that vinyl, i recorded it into digital format and have just put it on. The track right now is "are you afraid to die?".

Frighteningly, the Louvin Brothers are not only NOT afraid to die, they appear to actively seek death.

[shudders]

bk

I had heard of this album! The Byrds took "The Christian Life" from it for their "Sweetheart of the Rodeo" album.

NewMexExpat

One of the Regulars
Marc -- a Spanish question (off-topic)

jake_fink said:
... the idea was Quixotic at best.

Marc, with your experience and knowledge of Spanish, maybe you (or another member with similar such) can explain something that always bothers me when I hear it.

If Quixote is pronounced kee-ho-teh (more or less), why is Quixotic pronounced kwik-saht-ik? I assume it was originally a British English corruption of the word?

Thanks,

- Mark

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Yes, it is a British corruption of the name's Spanish pronunciation.

The Brits did this all the time. Think of Lord Byron's famous poem, "Don Juan". Know how the title is pronounced? Yup: Don Jew-ahn.

I assumed he was a Catholic! lol :p

Viola

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk