WORST Record Albums EVER

Discussion in 'Radio' started by Marc Chevalier, Oct 17, 2006.

1. .

This here is an offshoot of Rundquist's excellent "Record Art" thread. Specifically, it focuses on some of the worst, most bizarre record album covers imaginable. "Laffs galore", as one of these albums might say.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mysterygal

mysterygal Call Me a Cab

Milli Vanilli :eek: :D oh yeah and that vanilla ice guy

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Lauren

Lauren Distinguished Service Award

I think you mean, the BEST ever!!! Muahahaha! There's nothing like old records. If I wasn't at work I'd go dig some up, too...

I love the parakeet and the Jesus is a Soul Man ones. Those need to be prints. lol

5. jake_fink

jake_fink Call Me a Cab

Please tell me you are listening to these as you type. Especially the Sebastion Cabot.

Also: I had the Fonzie Fonzie and the Laverne and Shirley albums. There were dozens of Fonzi related records available at the time. One of them had a foldout standee on the back of the album so you could prop Hank Winkler's mug up on your bedside table. Sweet dreams Marc Chevalier!

6. jake_fink

jake_fink Call Me a Cab

Oh yeah:

[​IMG]

7. Samsa

Samsa Guest

This thread is priceless, if only for the fact that I am now aware that there is an album out there of dramatic readings of Bob Dylan songs. I will be hunting record stores for it from here on out.

I don't suppose you know where I could get a copy of it?

8. See my PM to you. You're welcome!

9. NewMexExpat

NewMexExpat One of the Regulars

An homage

Immediately recognizeable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I wonder which music is better.

- Mark

10. I have no doubt about which model is better ;)

11. NewMexExpat

Similar-but-different, and off topic, but tangential

:eek:fftopic: Anyone remember a televised awards show in the seventies that included Roscoe Lee Browne reading the lyrics to "Disco Lady" at his dignified best? It was hilarious.

- Mark

12. NewMexExpat

Yeah... ...

... ... you know, if you like that sort of thing.;)

- Mark

13. I remember Steve Allen very seriously reading aloud -- intoning, really -- the lyrics to early rock n' roll songs. Stuff like, "Who put the bomp in the bomp, bomp, bomp?"

14. CharlieH.

CharlieH. One Too Many

*shudder!*

These covers disturb me to the point of insanity.... there! I'm insane!

15. For one that isn't too bad an album to have a good laugh about. The counter culture to the counter culture of the 60s. The Louvin Brothers. Satan is Real. And apparently buck toothed. And a eunuch. Yeah, and dig satan's sideburns. Cunning suggestive artwork, no?

[​IMG]

bk

p.s. I have this album and a couple more by them. Apparently Charlie Louvin was burned in the making of this album cover.

16. jake_fink

jake_fink Call Me a Cab

A friend of mine who is a "well-respected" jazz critic was asked to compile and eventually write liner notes to a boxed set of these by Steve Allen when the Steve himself had the bright idea of releasing them in their entirety, along with lots of little ditties he wrote and recorded in his aprtment on those long sleepless nights - as you do.

My friend listened to hours of this taped nonsense, had a nervous breakdown then managed to convice Steve Allen's people if not Steve Allen himself that the idea was Quixotic at best.

Did the set ever come out?

17. jake_fink

jake_fink Call Me a Cab

lol lol lol

18. Not only do i have that vinyl, i recorded it into digital format and have just put it on. The track right now is "are you afraid to die?".

Frighteningly, the Louvin Brothers are not only NOT afraid to die, they appear to actively seek death.

[shudders]

bk

19. Lauren

Lauren Distinguished Service Award

lol lol lol
    Baron, that's hilarious!

20. Maj.Nick Danger

Maj.Nick Danger I'll Lock Up

Disco Noel???

I'm speechless,... :eusa_doh: