Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB decent cafe racer style size 40

marmalademan

Banned
I'm not looking to splash big bucks on this so needn't be primo. Am just wondering what I could get for a few hundred gbp. I don't care what the brand is or how old as long as it's in good shape. Ideally I prefer shorter over longer. Also I am not interested in super heavy leathers

Preferred dimensions as below

Chest 40 (or 42 at a push)
Length 24 - 25.5"
Sleeves approx 26"
Shoulders approx 18"

If you have something close or if you've seen something that would seem to fit the bill feel free to let a brother know!

TIA

Last edited:

cjr

New in Town
I'm not looking to splash big bucks on this so needn't be primo. Am just wondering what I could get for a few hundred gbp. I don't care what the brand is or how old as long as it's in good shape. Ideally I prefer shorter over longer. Also I am not interested in super heavy leathers

Length 24 - 25.5"
Sleeves approx 26"
Shoulders approx 18"

If you have something close or if you've seen something that would seem to fit the bill feel free to let a brother know!

TIA

Maybe this one:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/fs-bnwt-pacific-cycle-cafe-racer-black-size-40.92755/

It's maybe a little bigger than you want and you mentioned GBP and he says he is shipping to the CONUS...

marmalademan

Banned
Thanks man that's a good shout. But ultimately that one is an inch or so longer than ideal. Seller seems like a good guy though

ksozay

One Too Many
I've got some options that would work well for you at that size. I assume you are across the pond in England? Send me a PM and maybe we can sort something out. Main options would be Brooks Gold Label, Fidelity, Oakbrook. This, assuming you want to stick in the $200 US range. Or, maybe reach out to Monitor and see if he's willing to sell his Cal CR.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I have a Johnson Leathers Steerhide one that might fit you well. Dimensions are rather similar. Would be looking for $200 USD + Shipping to your country, which is typically around $80 USD. I'll post photos and full details if you are interested.

marmalademan

Banned
I have a Johnson Leathers Steerhide one that might fit you well. Dimensions are rather similar. Would be looking for $200 USD + Shipping to your country, which is typically around $80 USD. I'll post photos and full details if you are interested.

Post away sir

ksozay

One Too Many

Good option and really decent of AF to offer at that price. Johnson makes a pretty nice product.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Ok here's the details and some photos. First however, I have to wait until Sunday to make any promises, as a friend locally asked to buy it from me about a month back, however hasn't come up with the cash yet to do so. He does not want any handouts, he likes the value to work for something. So if he is not able to come through, I'll happily sell it and ship it to you via PayPal.

Dimensions: (Tag size 40)
Shoulders: 19.25"
Pit to Pit: 21"
Torso Length: 19.5"
Back length: 22"
Sleeve Straight down: 23.5"
Sleeve around: 25"

Has an action back, lightly insulated quilted lining, brass YKK zippers that all work well. Nice Steerhide, very well broken in, around 5 lbs. No odd odors, has a light leather smell, pet & smoke free home.

Photos:
IMG_5860.JPG
IMG_5866.JPG
IMG_5862.JPG IMG_5831.JPG IMG_5863.JPG IMG_5867.JPG

marmalademan

Banned
Nice jacket AF and thanks for posting.

But that back and those sleeves are too short for my 6,1 frame . I'm needing 24" long as a minimum

Acererak

One of the Regulars

Length 24 - 25.5"
Sleeves approx 26"
Shoulders approx 18"

TIA

I’ve got a black schott 654 Large if you’re interested. Pm me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ksozay

One Too Many
Have you checked out the Oakbrook CR I posted? That would probably be a good option for you. Unless you are looking for something specific.

marmalademan

Banned
Have you checked out the Oakbrook CR I posted? That would probably be a good option for you. Unless you are looking for something specific.

Yes I saw it a while ago and liked it but that pit to pit makes it look more like a size 37 than a 40, afraid it'd be too narrow for me

ksozay

One Too Many
I'm an off the rack 40 (ask Carrie at Thursbros) and this jacket fits me more like a 42. Not too large but not skin tight. Keep in mind, I measured using the standard metal tape so it's not as exact as a cloth tape. It's tagged a 42, I believe.

marmalademan

Banned
I'm not sure Carrie has time for getting involved here, God bless her,, but if you might be able to supply a pic or two with it on and done up that could be useful. You'd have to admit that p2p is not what's expected from a 42

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo