Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Indy Raiders style hat sz 7 3/8

Banky

One of the Regulars
I'd like a replica raiders hat, looked into penmen but he has a decent wait, figured I'd see if anyone was looking to liquidate.

Banky

One of the Regulars
Still looking for this folks, Garrison also has a pretty decent lead time. Someone has to have a raiders hat not getting the love it deserves!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
The problem I'm having with the fed is fear the brim is too short. Can anyone give me the dimensions?

No, it's spot on. The Adventurer doesn't have "correct" brim specs for an Indy hat. The fed is 2.75x2.5

http://hatsdirect.com/federation/specifications.html
The Federation comes "Open Crown" ready for you to shape.
Crown height is 5 5/8ths inches. Made from an original wooden hat block set which have not been used for over 35 years.
The brim is dimensional cut to 2 1/2" on the sides and 2 3/4" front and back. This is converted to mm's on the order page. The brim flange is a little flatter than the previous Federation model and will make styling the brim easier. This hat can take on a number of styles including a look similar to the Indiana Jones hat and other hats from that era.
The color is Dark Brown otherwise known as Loden in Akubra Hats.

Depending on how specific you want your hat to be to Raiders though, it may or may not work for you. It's definitely a great Indy hat, but IMHO, the block is not perfect for a 100% "screen accurate" look.

Banky

One of the Regulars
Jared to the rescue again. Apparently I fail at reading the hats direct website almost entirely. So thank you, again. Given the price point and the positive feedback the hats gets here. I think "good enough" may be good enough for me. Plus I do mean for it to be a hat I can beat to hell and back. Fed is looking better and better daily.

Banky

One of the Regulars
Well, I went ahead and ordered the Fed IV just regular. I was going to go with the deluxe, but figured I'd save the cash for shipping cost. Is there a huge difference between the imperial and deluxe qualities?

azhiker

One of the Regulars
To me, the sweat alone is worth the extra price. I bought a Fed IV deluxe a few months ago. I travel extensively, have worn mine in snow/rain in Paris, dust storm in Cairo, under a blazing sun in Jordan, and it works splendid! This hat gets beat up in airport Xray machines, I sleep with it on in trains, in other words, I wear it everywhere. I have 3 Borsolinos, 3 Biltmores (one a Rosalini) 4 Stetsons, and a couple of other brands. Since I bought the Fed IV, the other hats just sit patiently on the closet. I bought this hat as a wear everywhere, all the time hat, and it fits the bill. hats Direct will ship it direct to US, any where else in the world.

Banky

One of the Regulars
Well, Spose if the regular is all I want it to be the, next move will be to upgrade to the deluxe. I don't figure they'll stop making them anytime soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran