Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jerome230

Familiar Face
Couple different versions of this jacket, I'm looking for this one:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNFJYvUaRl0Po_7Qk3ElE5HAgzn6gIohkQpqpRCzSMRNL-askGu2Iw9NNTMWF1KWg?key=YkJYa3ktc19yaWU3Mm1Jb1JGSE9rOU16dUVuRWxB

I think there are a couple different labels for this same jacket, I think Fieldmaster, Oakbrook, and one from Appalachian Tanned and Tailored.
I'm not particularly worried about the label, or if it's steerhide/horsehide, or the lining.
I'm after the unique design of it, with the piping around the pockets extending to the mid chest before going off to the side, the epaulets, and the ribbed knitting sides, with leather panel in the back of the hem.

I'm looking for a Size ~42-44ish, 19-21" shoulders, ~24-26" length, ~24-26" sleeves, anywhere from ~23-26" pit to pit.

I'm making this thread again, because I noticed my measurements in the original post were slightly off. I hadn't realized this until someone presented with a smaller size in this jacket, that was still mostly in line with my measurements, but I had checked again, and it would just be too small for me. I have corrected the measurements.

PanTadeusz

New in Town
I have seen quite a few in the past couple of months on eBay have you managed to take a look? I think my searches were 1940s leather (used) 1950s leather (used) and vintage horsehide.

jerome230

Familiar Face
I have seen quite a few in the past couple of months on eBay have you managed to take a look? I think my searches were 1940s leather (used) 1950s leather (used) and vintage horsehide.
I've got a few searches open on Ebay and Etsy.
Ebay currently has 2 (I think?) oakbrook variations. Both of these are the ones with slightly different piping around the pockets and no epaulets.

There's one fieldmaster on Etsy, its a bit small for me, but its also a slightly different variation, with ribbe knitting all the way across the hem, instead of just the sides with leather panel in back.

I'll try these searches you mentioned, mine are "Oakbrook leather", "fieldmaster", and "sears leather jacket" on both platforms.

jerome230

Familiar Face
Still looking!

I think it'd be best to leave my other post to weekly bumps, as it's a much more specific thing, that's not really many people's niche but mine.
However, would anyone be opposed to me bumping this post twice a week? Would really like to find this jacket.

jerome230

Familiar Face
Weekly bump post.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-60...301809?hash=item46be3bd0b1:g:ACIAAOSwHsxf92Hi
This popped up on ebay a couple days ago. Unfortunately its the oakbrook variant that I'm not looking for, AND the seller is asking a price that is WAY above what I'd be willing to pay(I think that's an insane price, though I don't know enough to know for sure if that's a fair price or not.)

Idk if anyone will see this, but my other thread was locked. I had never gotten any notification of this. I am very confused as to why my thread was locked. I don't know who I can reach out to to get information as far as this goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112