Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Vanson CHP, Highwayman or Model E in 44

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Hi Jason, im 5ft/9 and this jacket hits the sweet spot, I also own a Enfield in 44 that is perfect also, I find it strange that I see guys over 6ft and 220 lbs that say they can wear vanson 44s,,i struggle to wear a sweatshirt in mine at 195lbs,,too much time in the gym maybe.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Hi Jason, im 5ft/9 and this jacket hits the sweet spot, I also own a Enfield in 44 that is perfect also, I find it strange that I see guys over 6ft and 220 lbs that say they can wear vanson 44s,,i struggle to wear a sweatshirt in mine at 195lbs,,too much time in the gym maybe.
I'm 6', 210lbs, haven't been to the gym in about 3-4 years, my Vanson 44 is my best fitting jacket, snug and sweet. The massive arm gussets do a lot for mobility so it feels great as well!

JM7

One of the Regulars
25. 5in,,i cant believe the 42 that's for sale on the forum is nearly 27,unless it's being measured from the top of the collar.
Hey Peter, I just read your message, I’m the seller (Model E Size 42). I did measure it from the top of the collar. I obv don’t know the correct way to measure because a lot of forum members that have been helping me are saying the measurements seem off. It’s a stock size 42 that was not modified bought new from Vanson. Anyways , thank you for pointing out the length measurement , like I said, I measured from top of the collar to bottom

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
Hi jm, it's an easy mistake to make, I have to say that I'm surprised that your jacket hasn't sold yet,, it's miles better, in my opinion, than the majority of m/c "styled" cross zips. I personally would wear the copycats, they are fantastic works of art, but, sorry, I'm not wearing them when riding. For that I will keep wearing my vansons, langlitz, early belstaff etc, dedicated bike gear. My skins too precious.

JM7

One of the Regulars
Hi jm, it's an easy mistake to make, I have to say that I'm surprised that your jacket hasn't sold yet,, it's miles better, in my opinion, than the majority of m/c "styled" cross zips. I personally would wear the copycats, they are fantastic works of art, but, sorry, I'm not wearing them when riding. For that I will keep wearing my vansons, langlitz, early belstaff etc, dedicated bike gear. My skins too precious.
I agree, I am pretty the Model E could stop a bullet. I’ve had a lot of interest but most are concerned with it being either too long or too small. I am not desperate to sell it, I really like it but I prefer reg zip over cross. I have an Aero Ridley that is similar to it as well.

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
I hear you,, I also want to wear a jacket through all kinds of weather, put some hard wear into it and not have the colour wear off within 6months or so. Tea core or whatever it is called doesn't float my boat. A proper, well broken in jacket should take year's, it's worth it in the end. :)

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Measured my 44 to double check, it's a legit 26.75" from bottom of collar.

337994856_240339761804384_3520469884655668094_n.jpg 339730804_614214116845766_5773955235021431386_n.jpg

JM7

One of the Regulars
I hear you,, I also want to wear a jacket through all kinds of weather, put some hard wear into it and not have the colour wear off within 6months or so. Tea core or whatever it is called doesn't float my boat. A proper, well broken in jacket should take year's, it's worth it in the end. :)
I need to do the same, Im almost the opposite though. I found this forum a little over a year ago and since then, Ive bought 6 leather jackets. My friends think I'm insane and explaining why I need each one makes it worse. I wear the Vanson E or Enfield on my bike but if it rains I never wear any of the ones I bought. They look so great new but what I don't realize is they prob look better worn. The first jacket I bought on here was an Aero Premier 30's HB, it is the Natural color. I spilled motor oil all over it and pretty much ruined it, after that, I started treating these jackets like some kind of over protectant mother, Its seriously ridiculous.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I think anything longer or shorter than the 25.5" would've been a custom job. Mine is OTR size 44 Model E from about two years ago and it's 25.5". I've tried on the size 42 back then too and returned it because it was rather tight at the shoulders. The length was the same if I remember correctly, 25.5"

IMG_4439.JPG

GLWS on the size 42, it's 25.5" if you've bought OTR from Vanson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo