Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Wesco/Nicks/White's/etc. work/service boots, sz. 11.5/12

In a desperate need of a new pair of boots so... Maybe someone's got something?

Looking to get a tall(er) lace-up service/work boot, the sort of Nicks The Robert or Wesco's Flightmaster or White's MP's or anything along these lines. Anything like that will do, any good brand, regardless of the colour, as long as it's a quality boot and in a great condition.

Size 11/11.5/12. Depends. Maybe 12.5. Maybe Wide(er) though maybe not.

Boots in the photos below would be a dream within a dream.

Thank you!

bu3usazu.jpg

20029381darkbrown-main.jpg

img_0.jpeg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
^^Monitor....lounger CBI has some 12s in the classifieds. I bought his Thorogoods for a great price. Maybe he has more.
Bowen

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, i snapped those up quick.
I’ve bought from CBI before. He always has good gear and very good prices. I saw later shipping to CONUS only. Sorry
I’ll keep an eye out too!
B

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Monitor, I have 2 pair of very work-oriented White's (12-13 sizes) I will be selling soon. They are pretty nice, but they are heavy...I want that to be clear first. I'll try and get those listed up this weekend. Semi-dress (like what you show here) are great but a lot of $$$ - more than the standard work-oriented modesl they sell.

@Monitor, you cant go wrong with wescos. Mine are 12 years old, never cleaned or babied. Most comfortable boots I have ever owned. View attachment 137204 View attachment 137205 View attachment 137206

Harness boots is what I've primarily been after but I concluded that work boots cover more occasions. It's a surrender of a sort, I know. Those are absolute perfection, though!

Monitor, I have 2 pair of very work-oriented White's (12-13 sizes) I will be selling soon. They are pretty nice, but they are heavy...I want that to be clear first. I'll try and get those listed up this weekend. Semi-dress (like what you show here) are great but a lot of $$$ - more than the standard work-oriented modesl they sell.

The heavier the better. :) I'm definitely interested, in any case. I hope 12 will work.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Ok so as promised here's some photos and details. Both are White's, and the full-up White's model, not a Hawthorne or Hawthorne Explorer. These are well-used boots, they are nowhere close to new. I'll take $80 net to me on them (either pair) + shipping, (which i will need to see what it will be to Croatia). I would guess probably $60+. I will clean them and re-oil them again for you if you decide you want a pair. The 12.5 EE's are a bit harder for me to part with, as they are the only pair of boots I have that are Fully Leather Lined. They are very unique in that manner.

Option #1 - Whites Lace to Toe Smoke-Jumper (soft toe) in Black - 10" height. 12 D and quite true to size. A standard Smoke Jumper, pretty well used but very usable condition. I had these cleaned and oiled (more like waxed) by an Amish shop after I bought them off ebay. Have not used a lot since them. These have the heavy-lugged Vibram sole. Weigh around 7 lbs for the pair.

DSC_0334.JPG
DSC_0337.JPG
DSC_0338.JPG DSC_0340.JPG

Option #2 Whites Farmer-Rancher boot 8" height with the mini-Vibram sole, Soft toe. 12.5 EE and true to size. Leather lined inside. Red Dog color, sort of like a lighter cordovan. New soles were installed on these boots after I purchased them, and I had the Amish shop adjust them down to standard sole height on both sides. The Left boot on these was built to be 1/2" taller of sole, and that is gone now. I have worn these a bit more and found them comfortable, a bit warmer due to the leather lining. About 8+ lbs for this pair.

DSC_0326.JPG
DSC_0331.JPG
DSC_0331.JPG
DSC_0329.JPG DSC_0330.JPG DSC_0328.JPG

Again both pairs are a little dirty, I had these packed up, I will wipe down and re-oil either pair if you or someone else wants them. I estimate a person could get several years out of either pair of these, and they have the nice arch support feature too. Good way to try out this brand without spending $ 400+

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21