Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW2-Themed Christmas Cards

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
(Bartenders: please move this post if needed - wasn't sure where to put it)

Christmas cards! Do you still send them? I know the practice has dwindled dramatically in the last 10 years or so. But I still plan to send them this year. And I'm very excited because one of my friends on Twitter designed some WW2-themed Christmas cards and now has them for sale.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:
http://jemimawilliams.com/2013/11/08/a-merry-little-christmas/

Captain Neon

Familiar Face
Yes, I still send Christmas cards. Since I have a cousin living at the US embassy in Malaysia, I got my Christmas cards early so that she would receive hers before Christmas. If I didn't already have lots of cards already, these would have been great. Maybe next year?

(Bartenders: please move this post if needed - wasn't sure where to put it)

Christmas cards! Do you still send them? I know the practice has dwindled dramatically in the last 10 years or so. But I still plan to send them this year. And I'm very excited because one of my friends on Twitter designed some WW2-themed Christmas cards and now has them for sale.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:
http://jemimawilliams.com/2013/11/08/a-merry-little-christmas/

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Those are really great! Love the idea of these, as well.

I always look forward to getting Christmas cards, as well. I promptly hang them up in a door way.

- Ian

cw3pa

A-List Customer
I like Christmas cards especially vintage cards as long as there is some thought behind effort. Sending Christmas cards just to "punch a ticket" is not something I care for.
While in Saudi Arabia Christmas 1990 we received cards from some school kids from Bastogne. That was really nice.

I can think of a few young relatives that might be getting Krampus cards this year.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I just received my order a few days ago - they're wonderful. I can't wait to send them out.

I find that I haven't been sending out as many every year because the price of postage keeps going up and up. But for some people, it's the only time of year I ever hear from them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner