Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Boots - Service, Jump, etc.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
BellyTank said:
IFG is NOT highly recommended.

Thanks! I was advised 8 weeks for clothing, which seemed too long, and told that the repro boots were the same as the photographs of originals - but no photos of repros.

Steering clear.

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
WWII boots were brown along with other leather equipment Holsters and the like. The WWII Army was known as the "Brown Shoe Army". Black did not appear till the early 50's in the Korean War. Back in the 80's we were not as fortunate as Re-enactors today. Back then Foot wear was the hardest equipment to find. One could still find originals for fairly cheap but it took some searching. We did not have the internet but we had some good Surplus stores. Catalog sales were the big thing back then (send money and wait 2 weeks !) no online ordering. I remember having a Brand new pair of Corcoran Jumpboots stripping off the shine and SPRAY PAINTING them ! It took alot of courage back then to paint 100.00 dollar boots. I still have them so every event I go to I just re-paint them.

Creeping Past

One Too Many
BellyTank said:
Civil War Boots

CWB seem friendly and organised (they responded very quickly to my initial email). I mistook the infantry ankle boot for the mountain boot, but they say they can fit a pull-strap to the back of the infantry boot and also cleats - clinkers for our English/Antipodean contingent - and tricounis. All for $305 including shipping.

I've also received a response from Sartoria Equipe (thanks for the info on them), who offer the mountain boot in a 1 cm thick sole. This will cost 180 Euro plus shipping. But they're changing their cobbler at the moment, so I may have to wait a while...

Now for a leisurely decision.

Maguire

Practically Family
I was never too keen on allied boots/footwear, save of course for the Soviets. Nothing spells authority like a jackboot, and even though the Germans stopped using them later in the war, the jackboot was far more aesthetically pleasing than anything the allies wore (that goes for the uniforms in general as well).

Creeping Past

One Too Many
I know exactly what you mean, Stanier.

How to compensate for the US-UK size difference and take into consideration WW2 Imp's variation?

I've asked before. I'll be reading this thread with interest to see what turns up.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Anybody have the WWIIImpressions Marine cordovans?
30180profile.JPG

They look sharp, but how do they fit?

smithcorona

New in Town
WWII Boots - Originals and Reproductions

Anyone out there have any experience with the repro WWII jump boots. I know Corcoran still makes jump boots, so I was wondering if anyone knows how the repros stack up to the Corcoran.

thanx,
smithcorona

Mike K.

One Too Many
I have two pairs of Type I service boots/shoes obtained from WWII Impressions. They are the same as the Corcoran jump boots, just not as tall, USA made. The boots are tough as nails, break in quite nicely, and will actually stand up to combat conditions (unlike some repros). Heck, I use mine as daily work boots and even wore them on a forest fire (if they can survive that, they'll survive anything)! They are accurate reproductions and, unlike a lot of other company's boots, they come in all sizes (not just EE width).

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
I have a pair of Corcoran - great boots if you ask me. break in easily and tough as nails in daily use.
Posted a picture of them in some other thread - way back.
Might post it again.

papajoad

New in Town
Jump boots

It's a standard saying, "You get what you pay for!"

I wore out a pair of imports in 1 season, I attend around 30 Events a year doing the First Special Service Froce, I have 1 pair of corcorans which are 8 years old and another 4 years old, they will out live me.lol

papajoad

CopperNY

A-List Customer
been considering Corcorans. had a pair in high school.

how is the sizing? i wear a 10 for my Red Wing loggers. the Corcoran looks roomy up front, but should i go for a 10.5?

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
heels & soles

Some of the repro-houses had been using Corcoran to make their service shoes, but that ended a while ago as it got too expensive.

If you can get brown Corcorans in your size, its probably money best spent.
They will last for MANY years with proper care.

I picked up some AtTheFront jump boots & theyre not as substantial as corcorans.
And the ATF soles, although identical in appearance to corcorans are much gummier & softer. So they seem to wear out quicker. They grip a floor like a sneaker. So at the swingdances, the harder sole of corcoran is better for dancing.

Also, ATF doesnt use the slanted heel design of the corcoran jumpboot. It seems more like the heel of the service shoe.

BTW, ATF boots are a half size bigger than labelled. And built on a wide last.
Since i wear a 10.5 E corcoran, I was curious if the ATF size 10 boot would fit me & it did. Ive been wearing the service shoes a lot. Im very happy with the ATF fit.

I havent noticed anything different about the ATF service shoe & jump boot toe cap size. Off hand, Id say they are the same.

Burnsie

CopperNY said:
been considering Corcorans. had a pair in high school.

how is the sizing? i wear a 10 for my Red Wing loggers. the Corcoran looks roomy up front, but should i go for a 10.5?
I wear size 10 in dress shoes, size 10 in sneakers, and the size 10 Corcorans are perfect.
The brown jump boots are well worth buying if you ask me!

CopperNY

A-List Customer
yeah, i'm pretty well sold. the black pair i had lasted about five years (until i outgrew them) and looked almost new.

right now i'm debating between the 'historic brown' and the roughout. it's just a matter of whether to go with the military brown or get the roughout and darken them by oiling for a less 'dressy' look.

decisions, decisions.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass