Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII-era dress for sale: $45 OBO

Emer

One of the Regulars
Unfortunately, this is a bit too snug for me (thought I was thinner than I am). :cry: But my loss is your gain!

This is a gorgeous rayon WWII-era dress (feels like silk). It has pink polka dots over a chocolatey brown background. 3 decorative buttons down bodice (I think these are Lucite). Top closes with hidden snap, as well as 3 hidden snap closures at the side of the waist. Dress is in excellent condition. Few minor loose seams; a tiny outline of maybe remnants of a sticker (price tag?) on the shoulder. All issues are very minor, the dress is very strong and wearable. No under arm oders or stains, but the dress does smell a bit musty like it's been in a trunk (I have not washed it).

Meassurments:
34-36” (stretched) across armpits/chest
26” across waist
Approximately 41” from top of shoulder to skirt bottom hem
Measured on the back, from center top neck to waist seam it is 15 3/4", from the top of the shoulder seam to the waist seam it is about 16 1/4".
Shoulder to shoulder is a little tough to measure, as there isn't the typical shoulder/sleeve seams...it is about 16" across shoulders (flat).

Buyer will pay actual shipping charges, and I will email/PM you with a few different options to keep your cost down. Will ship by UPS because I'm not a fan of the USPS when it comes to vintage items. lol

Asking $45 or best offer.

dress.jpg

BNuJMwB2kKGrHgoOKkUEjlLmTeZqBJrD697.jpg

Emer

One of the Regulars
Quite embarrassing--I thought for sure it would fit! Guess that goes to show what I know about my own body! :eek:

Emer

One of the Regulars
The dress is still available and will be until Monday March 16, 2009. After that date I will take it down and re-list it elsewhere. If you happen upon this post after that time, please feel free to e-mail me at emer@circa1952.com and I can point you to it. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner