Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII ID papers???

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
I'm wondering if anyone has information or knowledge of WWII identification papers...

Anyone know of a source for reproduction identification papers that can be used for WWII reenactments???

I would think they are out there... I just have no clue as to where one would find them or have them made...

Any ideas??

Cheers and thanks in advance!!

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Thanks Mike!

Those will be a great start!!

I'm also looking for the papers which would have been carried by the civilians in German occupied Europe and such.

Any leads??

TheParkers

New in Town
mike k i need your help

i found your post with the pilot papers. in it you said to look at page 168 of Jon Maguire's book "Gear Up."
i don't have that. could you scan it or tell me just how i would fill that card in?
thanks a lot.
thor.

Jedburgh OSS

One of the Regulars
repro vintage paperwork

Here's some I came across from the H. P. Lovecraft Society (mystery/horror writer from the 20's and 30's) that you can download and print for free and even type in your own info before printing it:
www.cthulhulives.org/toybox/PROPDOCS/PropDocs.html
(my favorite is the Zeppelin/Hindenburg ticket) There's also a CD available for purchase with these and a lot more.

The IndyFan website has some including retro passports:
www.indyprops.com

You can download free vintage typewriter fonts into your MicrosoftWord at www.fontspace.com and www.fontparadise.com

There's even a software program that mimics a typewriter on your screen and includes every sound it makes at www.nolad.com

Hope this was some help.

Good night and good luck...make that wish me luck!

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Hey Jed!!

Thanks Jed!!

That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for!! It also looks from your avitar you're into WWII reenacting??

I just got back from a WWII tactical in MI... I'm tired, sore and... tired of being sore!! Having been a historical reenactor for years, I've also been studying various options in WWII living history. In addition to a GI impression, I have been doing some studies in the resistance and espionage groups of WWII, for secondary impressions.

Are you currently portraying OSS or have any knowledge of said ops?

Take care and thansk again for your help!!

Jedburgh OSS

One of the Regulars
The long sobs of the violins of autumn...

Yes, I'm currently doing a war correspondent impression. When I wear class A's it's as an officer in the OSS which I'll eventually post. Our group's website is www.airborne506.org and that's me holding the captured trophy flag. It was taken at least 25years ago. I tried sending a photo of my field desk set up at the Eisenhower farm in Gettysburg at the annual WWII weekend in mid-September hosted by the National Park Service, but the "insert image" only allows a URL and not one from my pictures.

Mr '44

New in Town

Mike K.

One Too Many
TheParkers said:
i found your post with the pilot papers. in it you said to look at page 168 of Jon Maguire's book "Gear Up." i don't have that. could you scan it or tell me just how i would fill that card in? thanks a lot.
thor.
I've been really busy with work lately but I'll try to scan the page and post it sometime in the future.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
tactical

Actually myself and two others held a ridge for 3 hrs against countless German troops. Eventually I was the only one who wasn't killed. I had about 12 KIAs but then the British sniper watching our backs decided..... to leave?!!!

The next thing I knew a pair of German troops snuck up... popped one of my buddies and ran off with the objective..... Even after we dusted them!!!!!

So much for the rules.... or should I say so much for staying at your post until properly relieved!!!

AAAARGH!!!

Sorry to hijack.. here's some pics

http://picasaweb.google.com/renbens/FortCuster2008/photo#5175800244526605042

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR