Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Paratrooper Group Photo

dutch101st

New in Town
Here is a shot of a few of our guys with the "Okie Dokie" out of Vacaville California...whattya ya'll think?

grpokiedokie.jpg

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Nice DC-3 and photo

I have been on that DC-3 / C-47, the green one with invasion stripes. The inside is pure authentic WWII as if it just landed after dropping over Normandy.

I understand the plane however is NOT airworthy, something about the wings on DC-3's have to be pulled under a mandatory Airworthiness Directive from the FAA. Too expensive. Is this the same plane?

Nice shot! You look like extras for "Band of Brothers".

dutch101st

New in Town
That particular C-47 could be brought up to airworthyness very easily, however one of the owners won't sign off on it. But it is in pretty good shape.

When we went out, Don Bolce, who is an Air Corps veteran and who was the radio/Rebecca set operator, gave us a detailed tour- pretty cool.

Our Living Hisotry group does a lot of work with veterans and we even have an Easy Company Medic who has taken our sorry butts under his wing. Pretty cool stuff.

Bogie1943

Practically Family
I am really glad to see more and more WWII reenactors and enthusiasts joining the group here. It's good to see the community growing, we've kinda bridged the gap, starting with just an interest in Indiana Jones, then vintage cloths, now on to WWII reeanacting, all three are loves of mine. It just keeps getting better and better here.

JumpinHowie

New in Town
Yeah, I started the same way. Started with just swing dancing, then to the suit, then finnaly WWII... this site is a great place to meet people with the same interests.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Heeeey...that C-47 looks familiar.

card_03.jpg

Duncan was nice enough to let a friend and me use his plane for a photo shoot, which we turned into Christmas cards.

(Ahh, the beauty of Photoshop... )

Halliburton

New in Town
Fellas,
Here's a couple o' shots of our British Paras at March Field earlier this year.
LadsMarchFielda.jpg

LadsDakota.jpg

I took a different route to get to The Fedora. When I was a kid, I really enjoyed films like "The Sting" and "Paper Moon". I also enjoyed period war films, and stuff like "Lost Horizon". I thought the outfits were cool, but there was really no place for them in the late 70's public schools. After seeing Indy as a teen, I got interested in Films, so I worked on my own productions for a while. I liked the adventure genre, but didn't have access to period stuff, so our team was a group of ex-mercenaries going on adventures. (That's "The Wild Geese/Dogs of War" mercs, not "A-Team") I ran into the Brit Paras at one of Chinos airshows, and thought they might be good extras, since most of our kit leaned towards british equipment anyway. Turns out, I ended up joining their club. It's been cool meeting some like-minded individuals out there. I'm hoping to get some of our section out to the Queen Mary Summit, to encourage the cross-pollenation

Cheers,

Bogie1943

Practically Family
here is a pic of my grandfathers uniform, he was in the signal corps, I have been unable to identify his unit, I have looked all over for this patch. Does anyone know what unit this patch represented?

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Originally posted by Bogie1943
It's good to see the community growing, we've kinda bridged the gap, starting with just an interest in Indiana Jones, then vintage cloths, now on to WWII reeanacting, ...

I'm with you, Bogie. How many times can one group talk about Jones having a kid or not in the next flick? Love the movies... but there's more to life then just those three.

Like kids, wearing fedoras, good flicks and going on your own adventures.

dutch101st

New in Town
Man, you both (Howie and Billy) are a couple of goldbrickin' showboaters!!

See what jumping out of an airplane does to good 'ol wide eyed American boys?!?! Showboating, self-promoting gold bricks...geez...

By the way, that website again is:

http://www.dutchofthe101.com

Halliburton

New in Town
Jumpin'Howie, I actually took an Advanced Freefall class at Perris back in '93. My jump was the last of the day, right at sunset with great clouds, and a setting sun. Floating down under the silent canopy was totally worth all the money and hassle. It made the 20$ fee for the lost ripcord almost painless :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner