Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Squadron Patches (USAAF, USMC, RAF, etc.)

Corey

New in Town
BellyTank said:
There are a couple of USN patches in my posting above;
top left and right- and maybe the chenille Bulldog patch is USMC Aviation but I can't be sure.

Felix.

Whoops! Sorry Felix, I didn't see those there (including your own VF-3 patch) ... I was so focused on some of the other patches, especially the Donald Duck one. I found a whole page of patches that were apparently done by Disney and Warner Bros. artists during the war. Check out:

http://members.aol.com/brimiljeep/WebPages/SquadronPatchPage.html

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
PADDY said:
I have a few here that I took pics of ages ago... Second is the 90th FS:

90th_fs_ptch.jpg

Did Rosemary Dery paint this one for you?

When I get the big bucks saved up for my Aero A-2 jacket, I'm going to have her do the group/squadron patches (if I decide to do leather).

Hondo

One Too Many
Thanks to all, I have some patches (B-17's) I need to scan, If i don't find a decent price tunic, I'm gonna get one of these custom painted jackets I can wear all the time, thanks for the links. :cool:

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Here's a couple of my favorites. Sorry the pics are so small!
34bs17bgTN.jpg

Thunderbirds
34th Bomber Squadron, 17th bomb Group
One of the 4 squadrons that contributed members of the "Doolittle Raiders"
316fs324fgTN.jpg

Helle's Belles
316th Fighter Squadron, 324th Fighter Group
When I get around to buying an A-2 I'll probably try and get one of these patches
PBG

grant

Familiar Face
Sure. The jacket is on display at the Air & Space Museum in Washington. If you're ever in DC try and stop for a visit - you won't be disappointed.
Chennaultjacket.jpg

Fedora

Vendor
Here is my over patched Real McCoys jacket. In retrospect, I wish I had of just went with the Flying Tiger patches, although the 8th Air Force patch has sentimental reasons for being there. My father in law was in the 8th, stationed in Sudbury England, and was the flight chief for a B-17. I loved getting him to talk about his time spent there. Also, when he came home, guess what ship he was on? The Queen Mary. Fedora

front896x600.jpg

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Three USAAF "Pathfinder" Squadron Patches

These 812th, 813th, and 814th squadron patches just fetched between $575 and $900 on eBay:

812.jpg

813.jpg

814.jpg

These three squadrons comprised the 482nd Bomb Group, 8th USAAF, were sent in to light up the designated target in advance of the main formation of aircraft.

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
Couldn't resist it any longer, had to order a patch for my Aero A-2, which I have kept unadorned bar the nametag for over a year. Went for this one,
527th Bomb squadron, 8th AAF-B-17 outfit of course. Thought it would look good on a russet A-2-this is the tooled leather version as opposed to painted. Hopefully should be here tomorrow.

MB17

527BS.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred