Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Squadron Patches (USAAF, USMC, RAF, etc.)

MikeyB17

One of the Regulars
Here it is in situ after a bit of aging. Exactly what I was after-goes with the russet jacket really well. Looks better in real life.
DSCF0671.jpg

MB17

Jake

One of the Regulars
A2 by Jerome

MikeyB17 said:
Yep, it's from Aero. Like to think it was one of Jerome's, be nice to have one of his.

MB17
Jerome just finished my jacket artwork "Kachina Doll" , I'm waiting for him to post it on his web site so I can show to all of you. It is fantastic work.....Jake

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
a gentlemen i work with, his father was a supply Sgt. with the Flying Tigers. He drove across the Burma Road. After we spoke about what I have been reading in this section of WWII, he told me aobut his father's involvment.

Now he is going to contact his dad and see if he still has the jacket and what else he has!!!!!

What a huge world we live in, but the internet makes it so much smaller and quicker than V-Mail !!!!

mark the shoeshine boy

Jake

One of the Regulars
Kachina Doll finished.

Hey folks, Jerome of Milwaukee has finsihed my Flights suits historical horseside A2. It is called "Kachina Doll" named after my Varga Kachina airplane. The plane was built in Arizona by a company called Varga. So I had the cactus put on as well a "Vargas girl" My old jacket for the last 20 years was "China Doll" which was a poor Avriex repro. I tried to tie all of that into this jacket.
129696282.jpg

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Chicago Bear(s)

Zemke Fan said:
Here's a photo of *da-bear-on-da-bomb* patch. (Must have been a Chicago fellow in charge of patch development for the 473rd BS, dontcha think?)

Bear-Bomb.jpg

Sefton: Shamus has it right. Most of the patches were sown through the lining as far as I know.

ZF

Yes, that's definitely the work of a Chicago guy; most likely a
fellow Southsider.lol

James Miller

One of the Regulars
What's your favorite A-2 Squadron patch ?

What's your A-2 sporting? Here is a few of the squadron patches I hand painted.

They are painted from original photos I have viewed over the years. I'm trying to re-create them as close the originals as I can the patches are 4 1/2 to 5 inches in size.

Tell me what you think. Sorry about the quality of the pictures I should of taken the picture outside, the lights give off to much flash.

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii279/muscle932/Squadron Patch/?albumview=slideshow

Windward

Practically Family
Great work

Hi, its really a great work I wish I have talent like you !!!!
My favorite patch is the Joker because I can also imagin for decorating on utility jackets.

BTW: I remind me looking at your AERO Happy Day in very nice brown heavy FQHH (cant find the tread) what about the look today after a long breaking in period ?? Do you still own this jacket ? I apologized by running bit off topic
Thanks and good luck
Windward

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred