Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yes I am an idiot

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Yes I am an idiot.
I just got a hat from one of the members. It is a great hat great price great condition. However I did not read the listing properly and well it's a 7 7/8 and I am a 7 5/8. How can Shrink it down or can my hatter do anything to fit it better to my head?

Jeff

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Yes I am an idiot.
I just got a hat form one of the members. It is a great hat great price great condition. However I did not read the listing properly and well it's a 7 7/8 and I am a 7 5/8. How can Shrink it down or can my hatter do anything to fit it better to my head?

Jeff

Are you saying you got a WOODEN HAT BLOCK ? If that is what you got, I'm sure a competant woodworker could work it down to be the correct circumference AND maintain its 3D shape as well. But I'm sure THAT will COST ya . Might be worth putting on the shelf as a "look at" item and start looking for another ?

and now it's Onward thru the SNOW :)

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Are you saying you got a WOODEN HAT BLOCK ? If that is what you got, I'm sure a competant woodworker could work it down to be the correct circumference AND maintain its 3D shape as well. But I'm sure THAT will COST ya . Might be worth putting on the shelf as a "look at" item and start looking for another ?

and now it's Onward thru the SNOW :)

form=from. He got a wrongly sized hat. Standard reply seems to be, "try stuffing the brim with lining".

That fog sure is thick.

There are plenty of threads on this. Just put some felt strips, folded up paper towels, or pretty much anything else behind the sweat to snug it up. It will cause the sweat to ripple.

frussell

One Too Many
Jeff - if you want to avoid all of that, I'd be willing to exchange it for the other Stetson 6X I had listed here, the Alan Jackson model. It's in brand new condition, and I've got it listed on eBay, but no bidders yet. Let me know, you'd have to pay for the shipping, but it would certainly be a better fit, and a felt quality upgrade. I'd be happy to help, since it was my listing you misread in the first place. Frank.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
Yes I am an idiot.
I just got a hat from one of the members.
Jeff

Sorry, I understood you to say you got "...a hat FORM" but I guess you meant "... a hat FROM" ? If it's a hat, stuff the sweat with felt strips ( sold by MANY hatters here on the 'net ) and wear it in the rain alot and with time it probably will shrink somewhat, if not well ya got a BIG hat :)

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Jeff - if you want to avoid all of that, I'd be willing to exchange it for the other Stetson 6X I had listed here, the Alan Jackson model. It's in brand new condition, and I've got it listed on eBay, but no bidders yet. Let me know, you'd have to pay for the shipping, but it would certainly be a better fit, and a felt quality upgrade. I'd be happy to help, since it was my listing you misread in the first place. Frank.

Lets do that you are a great guy and LF member I sent you a PM.

Jeff

frussell

One Too Many
Auction on eBay canceled. It'll cost you a little for shipping, but you're definitely getting an upgrade hatwise and in rarity. Glad to help, nothing worse than waiting for a hat that doesn't fit. Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy