Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Yet more) 1930s Ties I bagged today!

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Here are some pictures of three 1930s ties that I bought today at a vintage shop in San Francisco. They range in length from a relatively long 48 inchs to barely 46" (Palm Beach). I haven't had much luck finding anything other than ugly modern ties or even uglier 70s ties:eek: at thrift stores for cheap...still, these were less expensive than a modern tie and much nicer.Also they don't hang below the belt which looks terrible!

three1930sties2sm.jpg

palmbeachandbluestriped30sties.jpg

closeup30stiebluepaisley6bq.jpg

palmbeach30stielabel17ov.jpg

palmbeach30stielabel26nt.jpg

bluepaisley30stielabel4oo.jpg

Thanks for looking!:)

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Reno Kid! I have to also bag some high waisted trousers...the Palm Beach one is especially short. I like them like that but if my trousers don't have that really high rise it looks like I've been stretched out on the rack!lol

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:
Geez...I didn't realize those were 30s ties. I have quite a few but don't ever plan to wear them. Probably have to sell them. Ever heard of Movietone brand?
I can relieve you of those burdensome ties...;)

FedoraGent wrote:
"Dude,

What shop in The City did you get these from? Was it from one of the two on Haight?"

Jon

Yes...the more expensive one with the great suits and shoes. I strike weekly...:p

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Well I hemed and hawed about a couple of really beautiful 30s suits there....and of course, they're gone now! A grey SB peaked lapel with belt back and a brown 3 piece. Hey, having money to eat is sooo over-rated! I should have bought the suits!lol

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
It's amazing the variety of patterns and colors. The Cleveland tie is the Palm Beach. I have to get more of those summer ties. I'm the only person I know of (non-lounge) who wears a tie when the temp. is over 80...Ties are a madness...a splendid madness...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo