Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You Big Softy! - Your Favourite Soft Drinks

MikePotts

Practically Family
A local liquor store got me hooked on "Cock & Bull Ginger Beer" a few months ago - made a perfect "Moscow Mule"......then they quit carrying it :mad:

MP

m_luvsartdeco

One of the Regulars
Me too. I also love grape soda and had the original Pepsi recipe when we were in New Bern, NC last year (home of Pepsi). If it was still produced, I'd be in trouble.

I wonder if the Cracker Barrel stores carry them...hmmm

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Fizzy drinks are a rarity for me, but that proper Jamaican ginger beer that makes you simultanously sneeze, cough, and get a stingy nose is fantastic. Plus the licorice soda I recently had at a licorice festival was lovely - like a rootbeer absinthe cocktail.

ThemThereEyes

One of the Regulars
that sounds like the drink for me!!! :) i loved rose candy as a little child, so this will be right up my ally!! :) thank you for showing me that :) :) :) :)
Really? :) :) I love aromatic flavors. I have had sugared rose petals and sugared violets, as well as rose, jasmine, orange blossom, violet, lavender, etc tinged macarons. I recently made whoopie pies with rose filling, and I could swear using orange blossom water in my madeleines makes them even softer.

therizyflapper

One of the Regulars
Really? :) :) I love aromatic flavors. I have had sugared rose petals and sugared violets, as well as rose, jasmine, orange blossom, violet, lavender, etc tinged macarons. I recently made whoopie pies with rose filling, and I could swear using orange blossom water in my madeleines makes them even softer.

oh those whoopie pies sound yummy!!! would you like to exchange recipes?? :) oooooon i love orange blossom water, i make chocolate covered orange, cherry cordeils with it, they are so yummy! oh and might i ask where do you find that rose lemonade ?? :) Hahaha i really really want it now hahahahaha ill order it if i have to hahaha :) :) :) :)

ThemThereEyes

One of the Regulars
oh those whoopie pies sound yummy!!! would you like to exchange recipes?? :) oooooon i love orange blossom water, i make chocolate covered orange, cherry cordeils with it, they are so yummy! oh and might i ask where do you find that rose lemonade ?? :) Hahaha i really really want it now hahahahaha ill order it if i have to hahaha :) :) :) :)
I found it at the local grocery store, Arlan's. It looks like something Whole Foods and the like might carry.
I can message you the recipe later, off to bed for now. :)

TraditionalFrog

One of the Regulars
Coke, preferably the Mexican variety made with real sugar! I can get a case in glass bottles at my local Sam's Club for about $20.00. I don't buy it often as it's a bit pricey for my billfold. I tried the Pepsi Throwback... much better than the non-Throwback, but I'm just not a Pepsi fan. I wish Coke would do a version of Throwback so I wouldn't have to pay for the imports. Then again it would likely be in cans or stupid plastic two litres, like the Pepsi Throwback. :-( On second thought, maybe Coke should just leave it alone. I need to back off the soda anyway as I get attached very easily. I did that this last month and when I quit a week ago.... let's just say the caffeine withdraw was most unpleasant. I also like the root beer at Culver's restaurant.

Juan Skillzberg

New in Town
I have unlimited access to fountain Coke at work, and take full advantage of it. But I'm also a fan of Orange Crush -- the best artificially-flavored-and-colored orange soad there is -- and of Polar Golden Ginger Ale. This latter is a New England-only brand, and is much stronger and tastier than the usual pale dry stuff. It's the only ginger ale out there that reminds me of the old Clicquot Club Golden we used to get when I was little.

At work we sell Maine Root Ginger Brew in bottles, which is even stronger and spicier -- too much so for me!

if you can get polar golden ginger ale then you should also be able to get goslings ginger beer (produced by polar as well), i highly recommend this, it has more bite than reeds. it is also the only true mixer in a dark and stormy

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I tried the Pepsi Throwback... much better than the non-Throwback, but I'm just not a Pepsi fan. I wish Coke would do a version of Throwback so I wouldn't have to pay for the imports.

Me too. I have a case of pepsi throwback and mountain dew throwback, in case of the fallout or zombie attack. A few cans of those and I turn into a superhero, for a short while. But which superhero has to pee a lot? Can't remember. :)
TF, this whole Pepsi vs Coke debate actually went back several generations in my family. One grandmother only carried Pepsi at her house (and Fresca and Tab...blech!), the other one Coke. I'm sorry to say that I spent more time with one grandmother than the other one. Maybe it was the coke...;)

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
My favorite soft drink is definitely a toss up between Canada Dry's Ginger Ale and Virgil's Sarsaparilla. Although, its very rare I'm able to find sarsaparilla of any brand in the stores around here.

BladeOfAnduril

One of the Regulars
I gave up drinking soda a year or so ago. I used to drink 2-3+ cans a day.. really a bad habit. Occasionally I'll enjoy my old vice: Cherry Coke. Preferably from a soda fountain - higher carbonation then can be had from a can or bottle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider