Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You can only wear one jacket for the rest of your life- do you go black or brown?

If you only had one jacket, would you choose black or brown?

• Black

• Brown

• Other colour

Results are only viewable after voting.

barnabus

One Too Many
The thread title and the poll title are asking two slightly different things.

The poll says you can have one jacket for ever, and it could be black or brown.

The thread title says you can only ever wear black jackets or brown jackets - which would means you could have an array of jacket types and styles, but in only one colour. Although in that case, if you choose brown, you could have a wide rainbow of different browns for your different jackets. Tan, tobacco, seal, conic, chocolate, russet. The world is your brown oyster.

newtojackets

Practically Family
The thread title and the poll title are asking two slightly different things.

The poll says you can have one jacket for ever, and it could be black or brown.

The thread title says you can only ever wear black jackets or brown jackets - which would means you could have an array of jacket types and styles, but in only one colour. Although in that case, if you choose brown, you could have a wide rainbow of different browns for your different jackets. Tan, tobacco, seal, conic, chocolate, russet. The world is your brown oyster.
Edited to fix this!

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Before I got my black Badalassi, I would have said definitely brown. Now I am not so sure.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
I'll give my thoughts from the perspective of matching:
To me black is the safe / conservative choice. Extremely easy to match with boots / belt.
Brown is a much higher risk / reward type thing. Much harder to match with boots / belt, but when you pull it off, it's a much bigger victory than matching black.

zebedee

One Too Many
Brown. I'd not go for black as I don't want to need to match it only with black boots, etc. Brown is more versatile.

Observe

Practically Family
Assuming this means leather: I already only wear black. Whenever I have a black and brown leather thing (boots, jackets) I have to force myself to wear the brown in the rotation. Not that I hate brown, but I'm not going to deny my true preferences in the name of variety.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Assuming this means leather: I already only wear black. Whenever I have a black and brown leather thing (boots, jackets) I have to force myself to wear the brown in the rotation. Not that I hate brown, but I'm not going to deny my true preferences in the name of variety.

Same, i feel a bit awkward in brown, i only wear it if i am conciously trying not to look too "scary"...

Peacoat

Bartender
Brown, as the depth and character of the colors are just better. I have a bunch of black jackets I use for motorcycle riding and 8 or 9 brown jackets for civilian wear. They are all different, whereas the black jackets are all the same.

Observe

Practically Family
Same, i feel a bit awkward in brown, i only wear it if i am conciously trying not to look too "scary"...
That being said, I appreciate the range and depth of colour that brown provides, but I'm just a black leather jacket guy at the end of the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ