Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You don't go barefoot, do you?: the Outerwear x Footwear Thread

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Drove out to Paul Bonds in Nogales from Chattanooga specifically to buy a pair of boots. Good Bike ride... the dude next to me made em.

IMG_4219.jpg

IXL

One Too Many
The high tops of the boots were designed to protect one's legs from snakes and scrub vegetation while riding. The underslung heels were designed to keep one's feet in the stirrups. The pointed toe was designed to make it easy to insert the foot into the stirrups. Western boots are considered appropriate footwear in Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Arizona, but less so in New England states and the UK. Most everything that we wear is for fashion, although many things that we wear had their design origin with some kind of specific function in mind.

I'm from Oklahoma, and I got married wearing a pair of Tony Llama pointy-toed, fancy-stitched dress boots. I fit right in with all the guests.
Everyday wear, when that wear will be cowboy boots, is rounded-toe ropers.

IXL

One Too Many
Yessir, dead in the middle of that area for sure! Great motorcycle riding as well as stomping grounds...
I was there year before last with a bunch for the FedoraFest out of the Hats thread here on the Lounge.
I was in Leddy's & looked at some VERY nice boots. Unfortunately, I didn't get measured. Wish I'd known better.
They usually have a booth at the NRHA Futurity show in OKC. I'll be there at the end of the month & will check. Thanks for the tip.
Love the smooth ostrich = that is what my Lucchese's are. I have full quilled Ariats & another smooth Justin Super Roper.

I will be attending this show and will look for Leddy's. Probably will have to buy a pair for the wife, as well!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Drove out to Paul Bonds in Nogales from Chattanooga specifically to buy a pair of boots. Good Bike ride... the dude next to me made em.

IMG_4219.jpg

Wilbur, it is a long haul from Chattanooga to Nogales, Arizona. Good looking pair of custom boots; very labor intensive and takes much longer to make than most people realize.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I will be attending this show and will look for Leddy's. Probably will have to buy a pair for the wife, as well!

Look up Gene Lee Reynolds at Leddy's and ask him to show you boots that are already made up. Even if the fit is not correct, it can help determine what you want and how you want the boots to fit. At one time, I preferred a tight fit but less so now. Leddy's fit and design seems unique to me and unlike any other boot that I have seen and tried on. You'll see what I mean when you are there.

IXL

One Too Many
Look up Gene Lee Reynolds at Leddy's and ask him to show you boots that are already made up. Even if the fit is not correct, it can help determine what you want and how you want the boots to fit. At one time, I preferred a tight fit but less so now. Leddy's fit and design seems unique to me and unlike any other boot that I have seen and tried on. You'll see what I mean when you are there.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will do this!

IXL

One Too Many
Cattlemen's Steakhouse is across the street from M.L. Leddy's!

Isn't Cattlemens across the street from Jack wells Western art gallery (our place at the lake is full of his stuff) and Langstons? According to Leddys' website, they have a location in the Fort Worth Stockyards, and in San Angelo.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Isn't Cattlemens across the street from Jack wells Western art gallery (our place at the lake is full of his stuff) and Langstons? According to Leddys' website, they have a location in the Fort Worth Stockyards, and in San Angelo.

Uh oh, I think that you and I are talking about two different Cattlemens Steakhouses in Historic Stockyards: one in Oklahoma City and the other in Fort Worth. My bad! However, if and when you visit M.L. Leddys in Fort Worth, be sure to eat at the Cattlemens Steakhouse in the Fort Worth Historic Stockyards, one of the best steakhouses found anywhere.

IXL

One Too Many
Uh oh, I think that you and I are talking about two different Cattlemens Steakhouses in Historic Stockyards: one in Oklahoma City and the other in Fort Worth. My bad! However, if and when you visit M.L. Leddys in Fort Worth, be sure to eat at the Cattlemens Steakhouse in the Fort Worth Historic Stockyards, one of the best steakhouses found anywhere.

Two historic stockyards, each with a restaurant named "Cattlemens"; who'da thunk!! (we will be sure to try the one in FT Worth)
May I assume the NRHA Futurity is still in OKC? :) :)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Check out Frye's Jackson Engineer boots and their Phillip Inside-zips. I have an Aero LHB and they go together uncannily well both in color (brown) and in (at least for me) style. They're also reasonably priced and solidly built.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo