Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You don't go barefoot, do you?: the Outerwear x Footwear Thread

Two historic stockyards, each with a restaurant named "Cattlemens"; who'da thunk!! (we will be sure to try the one in FT Worth)
May I assume the NRHA Futurity is still in OKC? :) :)

Yes it is in OKC & I've been to both....like the OKC one better but both are AWESOME steaks!

To stay on topic, bought boots at Langston's & other store down the street....hats too!

IXL

One Too Many
Little Joe's, just northeast of Langstons, has a very good range of boots and keeps quite a few styles of White's boots on hand. They are also a Filson master dealer.

IXL

One Too Many
My wife and I have about six hats that were made by the hatter. A real shame she went out of business.

Edward

Bartender
Edward,

So I guess that's why it's a badge - cause obviously only those who wear 'em "get it"......

Well, I suppose so. Unless those of who don't just do not like them. ;)

Americana, yes - but no-one really says C&W anymore

Where I'm from it was a very common term, and used deliberately to distinguish country music from country music specifically made by and for people who wanted to buy into a specific "cowboy lifestyle"; the latter being, specifically, people not from the US.

Do you really ask every musician you meet what kind of music he likes?

If it comes up in conversation that someone is a musician (not something I have ever assumed from an individual's footwear... while most people I have met who are fans of the cowboy aesthetic are also fans of the country and western genre of music, they have been no more likely to be musicians themselves than anyone in brothel creepers or combat boots), it would be unusual indeed in my experience for the conversation not to logically flow in the direction of genre preferences.

Or are you making an assumption, based on your association with "cowboys"???

I actually play many types of music, except, bizarrely, the ones you mentioned.......

Not at all. When I say "usually", perhaps I might better qualify that explicitly (as opposed to implicitly) as in my experience, usually (commonly, often, normally but not exclusively) those whom I have met who are a] musicians and b] wear cowboy boots c] more often than not play music within those particular genres.

Tell you what - beg or borrow a pair of, say, Loblan "cowboy" boots (NOT silly Goth pointy shoes!!) and see how many folks will think you've taken up the guitar or the drums!!;):D

It's certainly plausible... people have interesting ideas. I'm often asked myself if I'm a musician, though I've not worn cowboy boots (a couple of occasions where they were a necessary part of a costume I was replicating aside) for about twenty years now. Sometimes it's the leather jacket, though I more often get asked that when I'm in a suit and fedora. I imagine they might assume I'm a blues or Jazz player.... ;)

IXL

One Too Many
Guys, lets try to stay on topic, please. I believe this thread is anchored around a discussion of western art, available in Oklahoma City. :)

Ishmael

Practically Family
Guys, lets try to stay on topic, please. I believe this thread is anchored around a discussion of western art, available in Oklahoma City. :)

Maybe I should change the thread title to reflect the OK City art scene emphasis. Or maybe we can get back to footwear! lol

IXL

One Too Many
Back to footwear! I sill think a pair of the Wesco Boss boots would go well with your jacket. A pair of Whites lace-up Smoke Jumpers, while taking a bit to lace, will offer a great deal of support. Also, they look really, really good. They even work for smoke jumping, according to my nephew.
Both the Wesco and the Whites boots are heavy-soled heavy leather so they will match the heavy leather jacket.
Now, about Jack Wells' art gallery........:D

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
Here in LA, it could be any of these....

mime-7.jpg

Happy Halloween!

or these

beachboots.jpg

Ishmael

Practically Family
Back to footwear! I sill think a pair of the Wesco Boss boots would go well with your jacket. A pair of Whites lace-up Smoke Jumpers, while taking a bit to lace, will offer a great deal of support. Also, they look really, really good. They even work for smoke jumping, according to my nephew.
Both the Wesco and the Whites boots are heavy-soled heavy leather so they will match the heavy leather jacket.
Now, about Jack Wells' art gallery........:D

Think I will be going with some engineer boots this time. No laces seems like the way to go in "take your shoes off whenever you enter anywhere" Japan. Pretty much made up my mind to go with the John Lofgren engineers in Badalassi cognac.

JL.jpg

img59367976.jpg

IXL

One Too Many
Think I will be going with some engineer boots this time. No laces seems like the way to go in "take your shoes off whenever you enter anywhere" Japan. Pretty much made up my mind to go with the John Lofgren engineers in Badalassi cognac.

I didn't even consider the "take off the footwear" aspect of living in Japan. Smoke Jumpers would take a good two hours of each day just lacing and unlacing. The boots you are getting look absolutely stellar! I might have to put a pair on my (growing) list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo