Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You know you are getting old when you hear the current administration in power, forever blaming the previous administration, for the nation's woes. You've had four years, change the record.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Talk about forgetful, had one of those moments in the old MG today. Tried to get into it by pressing the key fob, then I had a second senior moment when I tried to start it on the key. It has a starter button. And if that wasn't air-brained enough, I went to put the hazard flashers on when reversing into a parking lot.

I dread putting fuel in it, having a fleet of trucks and delivery vans, all of which run on diesel, will I ever be stupid enough to put diesel in the MG?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Talk about forgetful, had one of those moments in the old MG today. Tried to get into it by pressing the key fob, then I had a second senior moment when I tried to start it on the key. It has a starter button. And if that wasn't air-brained enough, I went to put the hazard flashers on when reversing into a parking lot.

I dread putting fuel in it, having a fleet of trucks and delivery vans, all of which run on diesel, will I ever be stupid enough to put diesel in the MG?
Only once. :D
Is that like turning on your signal, when going into a turn?
Yeah, I've done that.
It's called Sleep Depravation in my case. :sleep:

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
They say you are getting old when the cops seem too young for the job. You are really old when the president seems too young for the job.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Do you find, as you get older, that you are more acerbic and cynical. Or has life taught you that it's far to short for confrontation?
Nowadays you find yourself gesturing with your hand, saying 'whatever' instead of making an emphatic point. Can't be arsed, as we say in Brit-speak.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Do you find, as you get older, that you are more acerbic and cynical. Or has life taught you that it's far to short for confrontation?
Nowadays you find yourself gesturing with your hand, saying 'whatever' instead of making an emphatic point. Can't be arsed, as we say in Brit-speak.

I try to live by the saying, "choose your battles!" Also, when i was in my late teens, I made a promise to myself not to be a crotchety old man. I would see the Old Geezers, (the guys that were younger than I am now,) complaining about my cloths, hair, music, even the motorcycles I rode. I don't want to be like that, every generation needs their own style!

robrinay

One Too Many
I was born in the early 50's and was taught to respect my elders.

You know when you're getting old when you find it hard to find any.

Edward

Bartender
I try to live by the saying, "choose your battles!" Also, when i was in my late teens, I made a promise to myself not to be a crotchety old man. I would see the Old Geezers, (the guys that were younger than I am now,) complaining about my cloths, hair, music, even the motorcycles I rode. I don't want to be like that, every generation needs their own style!

Being a crabby old geezer is something to which I've been looking since I was about twelve. That and having an excuse to carry a stick.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
When you remember Paul McCartney was in another band before Wings.

But for sure... I know I'm getting old when I can relate & agree with everything

LizzieMaine has posted. :D

I think now days, you would have to tell them that Wings was a band! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass