Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
When you get stuck watching a Disney show, and suddenly you think to your self how hot the women playing mother is!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Madonna reminds me of one of those middle-aged women you see at the grocery store late Saturday night in too-tight jeans and a stained tank top, with bad tattoos, yellowed toenails, and overplucked eyebrows, exuding an overpowering aroma of drugstore cologne and nicotine. She reminded me of that in 1983, and she still does today.
I remember an article about Cher, in it she was called: "A wrinkled old hag." Shame I can't find it because it amused me to think that Cher has had not one, but three face lifts: At the time I thought: "If she reads this, it will wipe the smile of the back of her neck!"

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Last week at work I had a chance to meet a popular American TV actor of the early sixties -- an absolutely charming fellow who has, alas, had just a bit too much work done. Every time he smiled, I was terrified something was going to split.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
My wife wanted Botox, until I explained that "Botox" stood for botulinum toxin, and is the most deadly neurotoxin known to mankind. That it works by paralyzing your facial muscles. She's scared to death of it now. Which is good.
Have her soak her face in a large bowl full of ice water for about 3-4 minutes.
Although it doesn't last long, it's a safer alternative to botox. ;)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Old Bold Motercyclist

vintage-bike-2_zps3b438f3f.jpg

This is a little off-topic (okay, so it's way off-topic), but the young daughter of the woman who cuts our hair (my wife's and mine, that is) is in a few other Fine Brothers productions on You Tube:

Sydney_Cow_Tongue_zps2337be29.jpg

That screengrab is from "Kids vs. Food - Cow Tongue" (which can be viewed here if you're so inclined). This young lady is seven or eight years old now (sorry, I can't remember which), but she has almost always understood and discussed things on a near-adult level that most children her age don't even know about; very much an old soul in a little girl's body. The Fine Brothers love her because she isn't the typical "Hollywood kid" who acts up when the cameras are rolling--she's a natural, and they like her so much that they've included her in an upcoming Nickelodeon series that will be quite similar to their popular "Kids vs." You Tube series.

Sorry, but I had to brag a bit. We now return you to the thread, already in progress.

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Jessica on the Quay 4.jpg
The above photo was previously shown in the vintage car thread. My wife indignantly said that girls in the 1940's didn't wear black dental floss under a white dress.

You are not going to believe this, I didn't notice. Now I know I'm getting old!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo