Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Yes, thanks!

You had me fooled for a moment as to the age of the photo. :p
But the people - and vehicle - in the background gave it away.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 16351
The above photo was previously shown in the vintage car thread. My wife indignantly said that girls in the 1940's didn't wear black dental floss under a white dress.

You are not going to believe this, I didn't notice. Now I know I'm getting old!
I broke my glasses 3 weeks ago, and need to get new ones, but my eyes can't be that bad! I don't see the floss comment...[huh]

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
2gt2f6f.jpg

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Is it the ageing process, or do I really need longer arms to read the newspaper?

Last edited:
Is it the ageing process, or do I really need longer arms to read the newspaper?
I call it "trombone vision", because you're holding the item in question in your hand and mimicking the action of playing a trombone as you're trying to find that sweet spot where the lettering is in focus. :D

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
I can glance at the entertainment section of any newspaper, magazine etc. and it lists who's getting divorced. married or is having a baby-----and I haven't heard of a singe person they are talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112