You know you are getting old when:

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by GHT, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

I'd guess most of the members of The Lounge who are over the age of 30 have experienced this. Then again, considering the A.D.D.-addled society in which we're currently living I'd guess some 10-year-olds are experiencing it as well. lol

2. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

Of the music I grew up listening to, and still listen to today, there are, so far as I know, precisely two performers -- Bea Wain and Doris Day -- who are still alive. You know you're getting old when you are entertained by the dead.

3. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

So funny and true!

4. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

When you catch your self saying, "oh, to be 30 again", then you have the stark realization that you are closer to 80 then 30!

5. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

You know you're getting old when you figure the next cat you adopt may very well outlive you.

6. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

You know you're old when most of the folks you grew up with are now available at the cemetery !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Sefton

Sefton Call Me a Cab

You know you're getting old when you realize that the only reason you bothered to learn how to use a computer was so you could: 1. Buy obsolete technology. 2. Join forums and complain about the modern world with groups of people who use computers to buy obsolete technology and complain about the modern world.

8. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

When I read words and expressions like: App, Tapa Talk, Chrome, Android, Browser, and think, "I wonder if there's an English version of this?" That's when I knew I was getting old.

I cracked my wife up when, before she retired, she took her laptop to some conference at work. "How will you get an online signal?" I enquired. Wifi is something that I've heard of, but have no comprehension what it does or how it works. "If they haven't got wifi," she replied, "I'll use a dongle." "That sounds like something that you might find in Ann Summers," (A chain of sex shops in the UK) I remarked. Couldn't get any sense out of her for about five minutes.

9. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

I guess I won't be needing this...[​IMG]

When I see this on my computer :[​IMG]

10. Not too long ago I was watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High and one of the characters comments that Jennifer Jason Leigh's character is a "fox." It was then I realised that I hadn't heard that term in years. :p

11. Well, have you seen her lately? :p

12. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

Depends on what flavor paste you are using. :D

13. LuvMyMan

LuvMyMan I’ll Lock Up.

Geez...you really know you are getting old...when you fall asleep sitting on the "throne"....lol!

14. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Well they do say that: "Sh*t happens." No need to be awake to witness it.

15. 2jakes

2jakes I'll Lock Up

Looks like this topic is rapidly flushing down the drain ! lol....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Didn't The King die on the throne? :p

17. Gregg Axley

Gregg Axley I'll Lock Up

Well, yes and no.
    Actually on his way down I believe.
    But yes, in the "throne" room.
    He had a chair in the room, and books, as sometimes the mood didn't hit him right away.
    This is more of an "excessive posting" topic, if you want to continue it there.

18. Hmmm....seems he fell off onto the floor.
    http://oldies.about.com/od/elvisdeathfaq/f/elvisdeath.htm

19. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

When you buy one of those small white boards to stick to your refrigerator, so you can write reminders on it, but you forget to write the reminders in the first place!

20. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

There's so many magnets on our fridge that there's no space for anything else.

Have you ever, having been asked by your beloved, to buy a few grocery items on your way home, committed her request to memory, only to completely forget once in the store? Nowadays I simply text her to say that I lost the 'list.'

"Would that be the one you never wrote in the first place," the terse reply would come back.

21. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

You know you're getting old when you bump into everything for half an hour after getting up in the morning and finally realize you forgot to put your glasses on.