You know you are getting old when:

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by GHT, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom Call Me a Cab

If it weren’t for mixed messages, we would receive no messages at all.

Old Mariner likes this.
  2. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Oh, you say that now, but wait until YOU'RE 70 years old my friend. ;)

Trenchfriend likes this.
  3. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Bumping 1988s cassette "Die Neue Kuschelrock 1988" on 90s Philips walkman with 2000s Panasonic compact headhones, right now. :)

4. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Man does not live by breast alone.

And a woman's breast I was told once is like a rifle's trigger. You don't jerk a woman's breast, you gently squeeze.

Old Mariner and Zombie_61 like this.
  5. Trenchfriend

I still call it "travel bag". But now it's a "weekender"... :rolleyes:

6. Trenchfriend

Whoever wrote this, thanks again!

7. Trenchfriend

WOW! I was on Youtube and suddenly, I heared a woman calling her genital "Fiffy". o_O

Holy cow, I think, I heared that last time decades ago, anywhere in the 90s.

8. ... this was 40 years ago.

[​IMG]

Rmccamey and Trenchfriend like this.
  9. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

^^^Assassin defendant John Hinckley was found not guilty by reason of insanity and held until 2016.
    Psychiatric incapacitation under law amended by the subsequent Insanity Defense Reform Act which meliorated
    insanity as an air tight legal defense but the spectre of volitional deliberate intent remains.

10. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Our hairdressers and barbers have been closed again, reopening in mid April, hopefully. Why is it that many men can lose the hair on their head but as they age, the hairs sprout out of their ears, even grow around the outer rim of the ear? The eyebrows, when left, can grow into something resembling a Venetian blind and nasal hair grows so fast it could almost become a moustache. Roll on opening day.

tonyb and Zombie_61 like this.
  11. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

I got one of those cordless trimmer/clipper gizmos. No fellow of a certain seniority should be without one.

12. Trenchfriend

Philishave haircutter? :)

13. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

A bad leg recommends a walking stick, which vanity resists. Considering a South African manufacture read on
    the General Attire forum, engraved handle work tops off solid craftsmanship.
    Went to the VA the other week met a guy who has mine shrapnel all over both legs, gets around without a cane
    but needs periodic steroid injections. Swears by the shots, doesn't want a stick either.

14. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

^^^^^
    i came across a simple hardwood cane, the kind with a crook, at a junktique mall a couple-three years back. I’m a long-legged sort, and people in general were shorter in generations past, so the opportunity to buy an antique cane long enough for my use, and at a reasonable price (10 or 15 bucks, it must’ve been) is not to be passed up.
    I have no need for it, yet, unless being surrounded with interesting old things might be considered a need. For now it shares an umbrella stand with a couple old umbrellas and a yardstick and a 48-inch stick.

15. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

I knew a man once who carried a sword-cane. And he did so completely without irony.

tonyb likes this.
  16. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Interesting; vanity never entered into my thinking when it first became necessary for me to use a cane. My only thought was, "My back and leg hurt, and the cane helps to alleviate that." The thing I dislike about using a cane is that I lose the practical use of whichever hand I use to hold the cane.

Old Mariner, Harp and tonyb like this.
  17. Seth Byrnes

Seth Byrnes One of the Regulars

You know you're getting old when the person who ID's you now only needs to look for the '19' at the beginning of your birth year without considering anything that follows.

18. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

I remember being deeply jarred the first time I had an adult conversation with an adult who had no memory at all of the twentieth century. And when people talk about "Nineties Nostalgia," I'm even more deeply jarred. You mean the nineties finally ended?

19. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom Call Me a Cab

The only thing worse than going through intern resumes that all have birthdays after 2000 is looking at the photos of new hires on our internal webpage. They all look impossibly young.

Edward and Zombie_61 like this.
  20. vitanola

vitanola I'll Lock Up

‘Nineties nostalgia is nothing new. It’s been rolling along ever since Fay Emerson and Gene Greene were booked at the Palace for “Old Timer’s Week” in nineteen and twenty-eight.

tonyb and LizzieMaine like this.