Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

Serious juice drinkers prefer the "Juice King" --

il_570xN.262556621.jpg
I would love to find one of these, or even one of the old glass kind like V.C. or 2Jakes posted. All I can come up with these days are the crappy plastic ones that break after about half a dozen uses.

I would love to find one of these, or even one of the old glass kind like V.C. or 2Jakes posted. All I can come up with these days are the crappy plastic ones that break after about half a dozen uses.

You can buy either type almost anywhere...Walmart, Bed/Bath/Beyond...lots of places online. You could probably find the exact same Juice King on eBay.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I only have three orange trees and three nectarine trees. :p

I only one have a pecan & peach tree & a couple of Chinese plum trees that grow wild.

I once planted corn. Was a lot of work clearing the area from grass,weeds.

I was so proud when I saw the corn.

But was disappointed because I bought the corn seed that is used for growing corn
to feed hogs.
But I ate it anyway. :p

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
When I lived in a hoity-toity town, I grew corn in my window box to annoy the neighbors. It was scraggly and wizzly, which made it even funnier.

I have only heard of hoity-toity in movies . I can only imagine how
you must sound. Adorable. Must be your avatar, but you seem like someone that does
not put up or take any b.s. from no one. Good. And how the heck is it possible to grow corn in
a window? The corn seeds I planted grew fast & scraggly. I hope that your neighbors today are
honky-dory.
J

Last edited:
I only one have a pecan & peach tree & a couple of Chinese plum trees that grow wild.

I once planted corn. Was a lot of work clearing the area from grass,weeds.

I was so proud when I saw the corn.

But was disappointed because I bought the corn seed that is used for growing corn
to feed hogs.
But I ate it anyway. :p

My grandfather used to plant rows and rows of corn. He got wheelbarrows full of the stuff. He fed the whole family with his corn field. :p The funny thing was that one year he didn't plant corn but they came up anyway---in the same nice rows! He wouldn't let us eat it. :doh:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
My grandfather used to plant rows and rows of corn. He got wheelbarrows full of the stuff. He fed the whole family with his corn field. :p The funny thing was that one year he didn't plant corn but they came up anyway---in the same nice rows! He wouldn't let us eat it. :doh:

Ok...I'll bite ! :p
Why wouldn't your grandfather let you eat the corn that one year he didn't plant it & why is it funny [huh]

That is what you need a dog and a good bug spray for. :p I only have one apple tree.
The neighbor just over the fence has two of the same variety---therefore---that makes three I have. :p

If your neighbors are Adam & Eve...I'd be careful with those "apples"...:p

Ok...I'll bite ! :p
Why wouldn't your grandfather let you eat the corn that one year he didn't plant it & why is it funny [huh]

If your neighbors are Adam & Eve...I'd be careful with those "apples"...:p

I have no idea to this day why he wouldn't let us eat it. He just said it was seed corn and you don't want to eat that. [huh]

My neighbors are more like Eve and Eve but that is another story......:doh:

In the early years of grade school (mid '50s) I lived on an Indiana farm for four years. We had a large garden each year of sweet corn..green beans, etc. All around us were either fields of corn for livestock or soybeans. On several occasions we tried cooking and eating field corn. It is certainly edible but not sweet or near as tender as sweetcorn grown in the garden...but it won't kill ya. However..these days with all the chemical spays and re-engineering, etc...don't really think I would want to try it...but just think..we do eat the meat that it goes into...:p
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes