Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Last week I was interviewing a young woman who was applying for a customer service job. On her application form she had written in beside date of birth: -/-/1994. Nineteen ninety four! That was yesterday! Can't get my head around it.

Renault

One Too Many
Last week I was interviewing a young woman who was applying for a customer service job. On her application form she had written in beside date of birth: -/-/1994. Nineteen ninety four! That was yesterday! Can't get my head around it.

Yes! Very true! I know they hate it, but I always jokingly tell the young folks I've got socks older than they are!

MurderOfGoths

New in Town
Talking to someone who isn't a teenager who has never used cassettes! She said, "oh I think my parents used to use those" and a little bit of me died. You should have seen her confusion over records

LizzieMaine

Bartender
It's interesting to contrast that with the way a lot of us here grew up -- I'm old enough that we still had plenty of 78rpm records around the house when I was little, and didn't think there was anything odd or out of place about them. They were right there on the shelf next to the Mitch Miller LPs, and we enjoyed playing them. We didn't throw out the old technology when the new technology came along -- we'd usually keep using it right alongside the new.

DNO

One Too Many
It's interesting to contrast that with the way a lot of us here grew up -- I'm old enough that we still had plenty of 78rpm records around the house when I was little, and didn't think there was anything odd or out of place about them. They were right there on the shelf next to the Mitch Miller LPs, and we enjoyed playing them. We didn't throw out the old technology when the new technology came along -- we'd usually keep using it right alongside the new.

ditto

MurderOfGoths

New in Town

Same, we used to switch quite happily between records, cassettes and CD's. Though saying that nowadays all my cassettes and CDs are in the loft.

Bugguy

Practically Family
I got the feeling old hint when the cute 30-somethings in my building invited me out to quiz night at the local bar because I new all the oldies, and they introduce me as the designated dad... and I was still a few years shy of 60. Ouch!

Edward

Bartender
Talking to someone who isn't a teenager who has never used cassettes! She said, "oh I think my parents used to use those" and a little bit of me died. You should have seen her confusion over records

I'm so glad cassettes are gone... I couldn't wait to replace thrm with vinyl and CDs. Funny to think that dear old vinyl has outlasted so many formats... thus far all but CD and mp3s. Of course, anyone who cares about music would never buy mp3 or any sort of download over a real release...

I'm so glad cassettes are gone... I couldn't wait to replace thrm with vinyl and CDs. Funny to think that dear old vinyl has outlasted so many formats... thus far all but CD and mp3s. Of course, anyone who cares about music would never buy mp3 or any sort of download over a real release...

Agree 100%

Especially the last statement.
(Then again, I'm no fan of e-readers either)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner