Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You shouldn't have

Berlin

Practically Family
I had it easy this year! I didn't got anything that isn't my taste! People finally seem to know me alittle bit better :rolleyes:

Usually there is atleast one thing that I do not like. But I never have the guts to say it honestly. I mean, the gifts come from a good heart and I don't want to make people feel bad. The good heart; that's what counts after all! :)

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
As much as I reuse and recycle in my own life, there's something about re-gifting that sets my teeth on edge. It always seems to carry an air of "I really don't care enough about you to actually think out something that you'd actually enjoy, I'm just giving you this because I'm culturally obligated to do so, and now that I have I don't have to think about you again until next year." Nertz to that.

As poor as we were when I was growing up, I can't ever remember either giving or getting a re-gift. Not even a fruitcake.

I would rather not give a gift at all, or even a card in the case of friends or close acquaintances, unless I've chosen it with care to match that person's interests and personality. In other words, regifting is pretty distasteful to me. I'd be as gracious as possible if I were re-gifted say, a pink pair of Uggs or something, but you can bet they'd be off to the RSPCA charity shop ASAP. I'd rather receive nothing at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy