Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your all time fav Leather Jacket (1-2) you own or have owned

58panheadfan

One Too Many
I hear you, I feel like my collection is nearing completion. More than enough amazing jackets to enjoy, both vintage and repro.

Good question but actually quite an easy one to answer.

My all time favorite jacket is my first Thedi. I was told I'm not allowed to discuss fit so I'll stick to materials and craftsmanship. Construction of this jacket is 100% flawless, lots of nice details like corduroy lined pockets and the leather armpit inserts, beautiful full aniline horsehide.

View attachment 533019
View attachment 533023

Second favorite, my Field Leathers aviator. Although not 100% flawless, the construction is very neat. Nice details like original 30s buttons and zipper. Beautiful semi aniline leather, the graining is really something. It looks and feels like a vintage original.

View attachment 533020 View attachment 533024

Third favorite, my Regius aviator. Construction quality is similar to the Field Leathers, neat but not 100% flawless. Lots of interesting details like the stitching on the sleeve adjusters, panelled (top stitched!) lining, corduroy lined pockets, union label and amazing inverted pleats on the back. The hermann oak heritage steerhide is like nothing else. Thick and firm without being stiff. Hardware is original 30s.

View attachment 533021 View attachment 533022
@Marc mndt Thank you for sharing. Fantastic line up and absolutely outstanding Leather Jackets, well done!

ChewingWax

One of the Regulars
I have the odd theory that if a person bought a well-fitting leather jacket from any of the reputable manufacturers and then wore if a lot for 5+ years without permitting himself to buy any other leather jackets , that person would have formed a lifelong keeper jacket. Originally, I had two (a short one and a button one) out of need due to very cold winters, and then, somehow, I had more. Now, I arguably have too many, but I try to wear the hell out of them.

I've only really parted with jackets due to sizing or not living in the right climate; the amount of wear I put into a jacket definitely increases my reluctance to sell them.
I still have every leather jacket I’ve bought. I have nine. All were bought new. My first was an 1984 LL Bean. I “outgrew” it for a long while but 25 years later it fits me again. I would never have sold it. I have a 2000 Flight Suits cowhide G-1 and a 2001 Gibson and Barnes goatskin Expedition which are too big for me now but I still wear them. My last jacket I will buy was the 2022 Lost Worlds Suburban. THE LAST JACKET I WILL BUY. It is my grail. It exceeded all expectations.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
This one. 1940s Spiegel. It is so comfortable, feels like a second skin. Hard to describe, but it feels like I have always owned it. Before I got it, I could not care less for cross zips. This jacket straightened me out in a hurry.

View attachment 335608
This has actually aged pretty well. 1950s (not 1940s) Spiegel is still one of my top three, roughly equal in my affections to my straight zip Cal. But a Vanson C2 is coming, so who knows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana