Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Dream Job

Same here, though the tech is steampunk. I'm actually meeting my lender tomorrow at 2 to get that ball rolling. It's taken 3 years so far. My future landlord is off in Afghanistan right now, but supposedly his lawyer is going to help move things forward while he's away. It's just taking longer with the extra steps in communication.

Congrat's! If you need a partner :)
Would love to hear more about this!

hellsbellslolly

Familiar Face
To own a shop, where you can come and have afternoon teas, finger sandwiches pots of tea all in mismatched crockery. And in the front is a shop that sells wool for knitting, clay for pottery, tools for crafting, sweets for the kids, home made hand made items I'd crafted along with supoorting local artists new and established. And in the evening work shops like make do and mend ones, dress making ones, whip out the sewing machines and the knitting needles etc. Baking or cake decorating for others. I don't feel like I learn't enough to get by trying to run a household, work be a mum and a good wife. I guess I am just old fashioned? But basically a place where you can swap books, buy old ones, buy vintage treasures etc...gosh perhaps one day

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
To own a shop, where you can come and have afternoon teas, finger sandwiches pots of tea all in mismatched crockery.

I adore the sound of your shop :)

Reminds me: my boyfriend once took me to a cupcake shop near his university campus, and I was in heaven! They had every kind of colour, decoration and flavour of cupcake you could dream up. I would love to own that shop, if only I possessed an ounce of business acumen.

Reminds me: my boyfriend once took me to a cupcake shop near his university campus, and I was in heaven! They had every kind of colour, decoration and flavour of cupcake you could dream up. I would love to own that shop, if only I possessed an ounce of business acumen.

Respect! Now there's an entrepreneur! I don't think I've ever seen a cupcake shop around here. :)

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Respect! Now there's an entrepreneur! I don't think I've ever seen a cupcake shop around here. :)

Every town should have one! :D

cupcake-mainpage.jpg

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I've heard of those cupcake shops, apparently quite popular in places.

I wish I was a wealthy antiques collector...

A famous writer who also has a nice antiques collection will have to do, I suppose.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
My dream job is to be supporting myself by singing. It may happen in the next couple years, it may take longer than that. We will see.

hellsbellslolly

Familiar Face

Cupcakes shops are the best! We have lots in London. If only I could bake ha ha

All you need is an AGA Cooker to bake them in!
It fits the sound if your place perfectly!

To own a shop, where you can come and have afternoon teas, finger sandwiches pots of tea all in mismatched crockery. And in the front is a shop that sells wool for knitting, clay for pottery, tools for crafting, sweets for the kids, home made hand made items I'd crafted along with supoorting local artists new and established. And in the evening work shops like make do and mend ones, dress making ones, whip out the sewing machines and the knitting needles etc. Baking or cake decorating for others. I don't feel like I learn't enough to get by trying to run a household, work be a mum and a good wife. I guess I am just old fashioned? But basically a place where you can swap books, buy old ones, buy vintage treasures etc...gosh perhaps one day

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
I still want to be an astronaut when I grow up:). Alas, even though I can now get eye surgery to correct my vision to what NASA demands, there is still that small problem I have- absolutely no competency in higher mathematics. For some reason all of the science and engineering fields consider that to be a non-negotiable! I have made some inroads on art though, so that one day I can paint space art.

I have my dream job as a librarian- I get to catalog books all day long. Nice, new, unblemished books. Lovely new book smell-just like catnip.
I would love to work at one of the service academies though. That would be pretty fabulous.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That sounds like me, though I've been a book dealer for almost twenty years. I just don't have a physical brick-and-mortar book store (yet). Actually I'd love to have either a book store, antique shop, or a hobby shop. Though there's one field I wish I had gotten into: industrial design. I've always admired the work of such Golden Era designers as Norman Bel Geddes and Harley Earl.

Ha!
If you ever need an overseas partner to open up the shop.. let me know! ;)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Is anyone creating new content?

Not and making a living at it -- which is the whole point of a job, if you ask me. So "volunteer" radio doesn't count, nor do recreations or free web-based stuff. As far as I know, other than the religious drama "Unshackled" and the Jim French programs in Seattle, there's no original dramatized commercial radio being done in the United States. The common argument I got when I was in the business was that it was unsalable and people didn't have the attention span for it anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn