Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Band of Brothers Episode

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
I understand that there is some fudging to keep the series dramatically appealing. I just dont see the point of changing events that have been documented. Webster wrote a book & the events & insight of that book should be respected. Otherwise, jsut keep it all fictional like SPR.
Anyway, heres a historian who seems to really resent all the dramamtic license.
http://www.101airborneww2.com/bandofbrothers3.html

DutchIndo

A-List Customer
I remember watching war movies as a kid and enjoying them. Back then I did not know as much as I do now. It is really hard to watch them now like "Battle of the Bulge" or "Dirty Dozen". Like most of you guys I can't watch a movie with out saying "Hey wait they didn't....". It got to the point where my friends would say "OK whats wrong with this movie". Movies are getting alot better and sometimes they make an effort to be accurate. Read Mark Bando's web site he takes apart each episode.

Marv

A-List Customer
It has to be Bastogne for me and then Breaking Point, these are my 2 fav episodes in the series......having said that, the whole series is fantastic.

MississippiLong

One of the Regulars
Major Winters

My old roomate, his grandfather was in Easy Company. If you've read the book, he is mentioned. I've met the real Major Winters, and have an autographed pic of him in uniform from WWII. "Hang Tough --Winters".

Oh, and Bastogne is my favorite.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Bastogne is my favorite episode, although I'll watch any of them, at any time. For example, If I'm channel surfing and stop on an episode running on The History Channel, it's impossible not to get drawn into watching. Such a wonderfully done series! My youngest son is a huge fan as well, although he opted for the Marines (he is presently with the Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team) when he was ready to serve his country. Band of Brothers brings out the patriot in everyone.

CeceliaRose

New in Town
Lulu-in-Ny said:
Wow... no girls.[huh]
Far and away Breaking Point. My son loves it, and his favorite is Day of Days.
The whole thing is magnificent.

Despite owning the DVD's, I haven't watched them yet. :eusa_doh: However, I just recently finished the book, so now I can't wait to dive into the miniseries. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk