Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

Talbot

One Too Many
Do subtitles count?

"Greetings, large black person. Let us not forget to form a team up together and go into the country to inflict the pain of our karate feets on some ass of the giant lizard person. "

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The Killers ( 1964 ) ending scene .

A dying mob hit-man , LEE MARVIN , tells ANGIE DICKINSON who is pleading for her life , before shooting her.

"Lady…….I ain't got the Time"…..

It's not my favorite , but every time I phone my brother , he answers with that line in a deep Lee Marvin tone !

Night of the Lepus
:D

nightbreed.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Who can remember this one?

"We got a saying here in Manhattan a*****: death happens when you are makin' other plans."

Flicka

One Too Many
The worsr thing is I do recognise it...

How about this then: "We regret to inform you that your sons died because they were stupid."

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
The worsr thing is I do recognise it...

How about this then: "We regret to inform you that your sons died because they were stupid."

[video=youtube;M37389r47Mk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M37389r47Mk&feature=related[/video]

Edit: while I was searching for this epic scene I see Mario beat me to it :)

Last edited:

Kmadden

New in Town
Robert Shaw's gripping story in "Jaws"

"Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, chief. It was comin’ back, from the of island Tinian to Leyte, just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in twelve minutes. Didn’t see the first shark for about a half an hour. Tiger. Thirteen footer. You know, you know that when you’re in the water, chief? You tell by lookin’ from the dorsal to the tail. Well, we didn’t know. `Cause our bomb mission had been so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn’t even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, chief. The sharks come cruisin’. So we formed ourselves into tight groups. You know it’s kinda like `ol squares in battle like a, you see on a calendar, like the battle of Waterloo. And the idea was, the shark nearest man and then he’d start poundin’ and hollerin’ and screamin’ and sometimes the shark would go away. Sometimes he wouldn’t go away. Sometimes that shark, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a shark, he’s got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll’s eye. When he comes at ya, doesn’t seem to be livin’. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin’ and the ocean turns red and spite of all the poundin’ and the hollerin’ they all come in and rip you to pieces. Y’know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don’t know how many sharks, maybe a thousand. I don’t know how many men, they averaged six an hour. On Thursday mornin’ chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player, bosom’s mate. I thought he was asleep, reached over to wake him up. Bobbed up and down in the water, just like a kinda top. Up ended. Well, he’d been bitten in half below the waist. Noon the fifth day, Mr. Hooper, a Lockheed Ventura saw us, he swung in low and he saw us. He’d a young pilot, a lot younger than Mr. Hooper, anyway he saw us and come in low. And three hours later a big fat PBY comes down and start to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened? Waitin’ for my turn. I’ll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29, 1945. Anyway, we delivered the bomb."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner