Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite movie quotes

hatguy1

One Too Many
Capone: I grew up in a tough neighborhood, and we used to say that you can get further with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word.

Malone: You wanna get Capone? Here's how you get him. He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue! That's the Chicago way, and that's how you get Capone!

Nitti: [About Malone] He died like a pig.
Ness: What's that you say?
Nitti: I said that your friend died squealing like a stuck Irish pig! Now you think about that when I beat the rap. [Walks off, combing his hair. Ness, enraged, grabs him and pushes him off the roof] Hey! What're you doing! Hey! HEY! [he falls, screaming]
Ness: DID HE SOUND ANYTHING LIKE THAT!?

All from The Untouchables 1987

Malone: Awright! Enough of this running sh**.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertDan

One Too Many
"You'll get your chance! Thing is, when it comes you got to grab it with both hands and hold on tight!" Otis to Alex Rogan - The Last Starfighter

Greyryder

One of the Regulars
"It takes me 20 minutes to get a $#&*ing beer!"

"You want to come by Monday night? I'm gonna get some power drills, and liberate my cabinets."

"Look who's talking, 'Aquaman.'"

"I uh, I had to dismember that guy, with a trowel. So, what have you been up to?"

"Good job, zombie arm."

Yeah, I like Cabin in the Woods. :cool:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
34e89om.png

Abbott: I don't get it. Out of all the guys around here that classy dish has to pick out a guy
like you.

Costello: What's wrong with that ?

Abbott: Go look at yourself in the mirror sometime.

Costello: Why should I hurt my own feelings ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

353cayg.jpg

"What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca ?"

"...My health, I came to Casablanca for the waters."

"The waters ? What waters ? We're in the desert."

"...I was misinformed."

"What is your nationality ? "

"...I'm a drunkard."

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Favorite movie Quotes

O Brother, Where Art Thou ?

2hexz02.jpg

"Care for a gopher Everett ?"

vhrm74.jpg

"No thank you Delmar...a third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite
before bedding her down."

2pop09g.jpg

"I've spoken my piece & counted to three !"

21e3l9z.jpg

"Well...ain't this place a geographical oddity."
"2 weeks from everywhere."

My favorite from this movie ...
raapvs.jpg

"Is that right ?" ( The bloodhound punctuating Cooley's words with a low growl. :eusa_clap)

Last edited:

Monsoon

A-List Customer
It wasn't an actual quote, but it's what a lot of people heard.

The movie is "Legion", with Paul Bettany and Dennis Quaid. Here's the wikipedia run down of the movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legion_(2010_film)

When Quaid's character says, "I don't believe in God", Bettany replies, "That's OK, Bobby. He doesn't believe in you" it sounded more like, "That's OK.....Bobby doesn't believe in you."

We all had a hoot over the fact Gods name is Bobby. Everyone knows His real name is Howard. You know, when you say the Lords Prayer:

"Our Father, who art in heaven, Howard be thy name."

When I was deployed and things would go sideways sometimes, we'd always say, "Better start praying to Howard!"

Don't get me wrong, I HATE Quentin Tarantino and Pulp Fiction (and frankly a lot of the CSI episodes he directed are just Too. Freaking. Weird. for me), but this one was good enough to warrant adoption and use...

If my answers frighten you then you should CEASE ASKING SCARY QUESTIONS!--Jules Winfield (Samuel L. Jackson)

skydog757

A-List Customer
[Lawrence has just extinguished a match between his thumb and forefinger. William Potter surreptitiously attempts the same]

William Potter: Ooh! It damn well 'urts!

T.E. Lawrence: Certainly it hurts.

Officer: What's the trick then?

T.E. Lawrence: The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.

Lawrence of Arabia

skydog757

A-List Customer
Charlie: Look, kid, I - how much you weigh, son? When you weighed one hundred and sixty-eight pounds you were beautiful. You coulda been another Billy Conn, and that skunk we got you for a manager, he brought you along too fast.

Terry: It wasn`t him, Charley, it was you. Remember that night in the Garden you came down to my dressing room and you said, "Kid, this ain`t your night. We`re going for the price on Wilson." You remember that? "This ain`t your night"! My night! I coulda taken Wilson apart! So what happens? He gets the title shot outdoors on the ballpark and what do I get? A one-way ticket to Palooka-ville! You was my brother, Charley, you shoulda looked out for me a little bit. You shoulda taken care of me just a little bit so I wouldn`t have to take them dives for the short-end money.

Charlie: Oh I had some bets down for you. You saw some money.

Terry: You don`t understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let`s face it. It was you, Charley.

On the Waterfront 1954

The above is great dialogue, but the performances in this scene are what elevate it to classic.

Last edited:
Charlie: Look, kid, I - how much you weigh, son? When you weighed one hundred and sixty-eight pounds you were beautiful. You coulda been another Billy Conn, and that skunk we got you for a manager, he brought you along too fast.

Terry: It wasn`t him, Charley, it was you. Remember that night in the Garden you came down to my dressing room and you said, "Kid, this ain`t your night. We`re going for the price on Wilson." You remember that? "This ain`t your night"! My night! I coulda taken Wilson apart! So what happens? He gets the title shot outdoors on the ballpark and what do I get? A one-way ticket to Palooka-ville! You was my brother, Charley, you shoulda looked out for me a little bit. You shoulda taken care of me just a little bit so I wouldn`t have to take them dives for the short-end money.

Charlie: Oh I had some bets down for you. You saw some money.

Terry: You don`t understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let`s face it. It was you, Charley.

On the Waterfront 1954

The above is great dialogue, but the performances in this scene are what elevate it to classic.

You are spot on. It is nuanced dialogue - you have to think through what Brando is saying, the charge he is making and you have to understand how he takes apart Charlie's defense - which is actually easier to do as the acting - tone, body English, looks and voice inflection - draws you along and gives clues to the undercurrent and deeper meaning. And this is only one of several scenes in this movie where that happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff