Your Favorite Sandwiches?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by LizzieMaine, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Shibumi

Shibumi New in Town

Scotty - a man of obvious taste!

scottyrocks likes this.
  2. Lefty W.

Lefty W. One of the Regulars

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fully dressed

I'm sorta surprised Domilise's even had a menu.

David Conwill likes this.
  3. mikey517

mikey517 New in Town

Hard to choose a favorite as I love sandwiches and would be very happy to live on them.
    1.- Fresh picked beefsteak tomato from my garden, Hellman's Mayo, and salt on white bread.
    2.- Taylor ham, mayo on fresh hard roll. (First had these in late 60's at a deli in River Edge, NJ.)
    3.- Pulled pork (homemade) with homemade coleslaw, & hot sauce on slider roll

I could list more...but I' getting hungry....

Tiki Tom likes this.
  4. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

When asked what I get my wife for Christmas I say that she gets the same every year. A bundle of cash in a greeting card. I was then told that giving money is so vulgar, to which I replied, "When did you last see a bundle of cash in the window of a charity shop?"
    And on your quip about bacon, I rarely get to eat a sandwich because my missus has a wheat allergy, so if I'm out and about alone I will treat myself to, brie & bacon with mango chutney, in a mini baguette.

5. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom One Too Many

This made me smile. I love tomato sandwiches. Was introduced to them at a young age by my father. Always thought of eating tomato sandwiches with my father as a special bonding experience. Mainly, because my friends acted like they’d never heard of a tomato sandwich before and they all thought it was strange. Glad to finally hear that I’m not as weird as all that.

mikey517 likes this.
  6. Robert Heyer

Robert Heyer New in Town

Pastrami on Rye from Katz's Deli!

Attached Files:

• Katz.jpg
      Katz.jpg
      File size:
      219.2 KB
      Views:
    scottyrocks likes this.
  7. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Tomato sandwiches? You're only a weirdo if you pronounce tomato, to rhyme with potato. You see the English adopted the French word: "tomate," pronounced "tom-mat," then they Anglocised it by replacing the silent 'e' at the end of the word with the letter, 'o.'

Whereas the English word potato, comes from Spanish 'patata,' (the name used in Spain). The Royal Spanish Academy says the Spanish word is a hybrid of the Taíno batata, meaning: 'sweet potato,' and the Quechua papa, 'potato'. So now you know.

Tomatos sliced so thin that you can almost see through them, on buttered, brown bread, with cracked sea salt sprinkled on top, no finer sandwich.

scottyrocks likes this.