Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Favorite Years? What time period do you follow?

missmelly

One of the Regulars
1919-1945

I always figured that 1900 would have been the perfect year to be born. You could be in your 20s during the 20s. I luv the 20s! Music, style, hair, attitude....just about everything!
.:Miss Melly:.

Lee M Roberts

Familiar Face
missmelly said:
I always figured that 1900 would have been the perfect year to be born. You could be in your 20s during the 20s. I luv the 20s! Music, style, hair, attitude....just about everything!
.:Miss Melly:.

I agree with you on this point. 20's in your twenties, thirtees in your thirties , too old for the war, then your memory starts to fade when style collapses ;) lol

missmelly

One of the Regulars
Lee M Roberts said:
I agree with you on this point. 20's in your twenties, thirtees in your thirties , too old for the war, then your memory starts to fade when style collapses ;) lol

I know! By the 70s/80s, you're SENILE!

Miss Brill

One Too Many
I like the years 1972-2007. Good time to be around because you can wear whatever you want, or wear next to nothing. Beyond that there is no era that I favor. I like some things Victorian, some things Edwardian, some things from the 1940s, my style is very eclectic and couldn't imagine it any other way, and I'm glad I don't have to.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Sefton said:
For music: Roughly the years 1900 through 1960. I like very little after that period as far as new songs or styles of music. I do like some of the songs made post 1960 by the artists (Jazz and popular) who made their mark pre-1960.

EDIT: I re-read my earlier post and realized that I typed 1950 which should have been 1960. I may be a Mr.Moldy Fig stuck in the past...it's just that I'm stuck ten less years into the past!:p

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Mid - late '30s, a small bit of the '40s(limited mostly to military stuff), and on rare occasions the late '60s and early '70s(mostly movie and automotive related with a lot of my casual dress being derived from then as well).

hepkitten

One of the Regulars
Lee M Roberts said:

LOL!

Me, I'm a WWII gal. Nothing like those fashions, spare by necessity but style and class like gangbusters.

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I like the napoleonic era. Very exciting in Europe. You'd have to be rich of course, otherwise it would suck, though I suppose that's true of any time.

imported_the_librarian

One of the Regulars
It would have to be 37-59. Honestly tho, 48 runs a close favorite. Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to fit as well in the twenties as I can later, even though there's not that much difference in time......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran