Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your hat this weekend..

moustache

Practically Family
So go ahead and show that dirty cap,forest!!!
Tony,that colour on the Dobbs is beautiful!
My grail fedora is that colour on a Borsalino with 2-1\2" brim,wide ribbon.Vintage 1935 to 45 maybe.
Someday....

Great photographs fellas!!!

JD

A better shot of mine taken when i returned home last night ...

Saturday2.jpg

bk

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Baron Kurtz said:
A better shot of mine taken when i returned home last night ...
bk

I had a fedora in high school in 1975 that was very similar to that one, minus the bound brim. I wish I'd kept that hat, but it was probably wool. Nice looking hat, Baron.

dean

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Some might say that he who relaxes in a tie and works in jeans leads a topsy turvy life. [huh] Way I figure it, it's none of their beeswax.

Here I am again, in my pearl-grey Selco and ca. 1940 phony-camel-hair jacket, ready to go caroling at church. I feel this is my most successful vintage getup since I got back into the habit recently.

325200368_459c604702.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
This Selco has a back ribbon bow. The feather is off a Biltmore I no longer wear. Just a little surprise for the folks to the leeward.
325216639_ca012bd241_o.jpg

Today's tiebar was my grandfather's in the 30s. For years it clipped a stack of bank statements, something he cared about a lot more than duds.
325216640_a18615e595_o.jpg

moustache

Practically Family
Very dapper!!

Fletch said:
Some might say that he who relaxes in a tie and works in jeans leads a topsy turvy life. [huh] Way I figure it, it's none of their beeswax.

Here I am again, in my pearl-grey Selco and ca. 1940 phony-camel-hair jacket, ready to go caroling at church. I feel this is my most successful vintage getup since I got back into the habit recently.

325200368_459c604702.jpg

Like the ensemble!It works well and looks great on you!!

JD

Feraud

Bartender
What a bunch of good looking lids!
Keep them coming and here is my humble submission.
Picture5769-1.jpg

Those of you with a sharp eye have probably noticed this is the block where Victor Mature lived in the film Kiss of Death.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
spiridon said:
.....and then back to work on Saturday!!:(

Interesting work environment. Looks like
it can be hosed down...

Mind if I ask your line of work?

and more importantly, which hats are those?
I like the latter, "work" hat best.

moustache

Practically Family
Today

I didn't think i was going to go out today(other than church).But since i did,i suppose i can post today's hat photos.

This is my grey Borsalino "Misto" with a 2-1/2" brim.My favourite hat!!
12-17-06-11small.jpg

12-17-06-101small.jpg

That takes care of my weekend's hats!!

Have a delightful week everyone!!

Jim in Vancouver,Wa

Razzman

One Too Many
On My Way to the Mall!

Just about ready to leave for the Mall. A fun filled afternoon of adventure Christmas shoping at the Mall. The hat is my Adam Executive. One thing for sure, I'll never have a job as a photographer; or a model either.:D

a>

moustache

Practically Family
Razzman said:
Just about ready to leave for the Mall. A fun filled afternoon of adventure Christmas shoping at the Mall. The hat is my Adam Executive. One thing for sure, I'll never have a job as a photographer; or a model either.:D

a>

Looks fine to me!!!Hat looks great!!

JD

spiridon

A-List Customer
feltfan said:
Interesting work environment. Looks like
it can be hosed down...

Mind if I ask your line of work?

and more importantly, which hats are those?
I like the latter, "work" hat best.

Actually feltfan, the bldg. I work in NEEDS to be hosed down!!lol lol ....many folks here at FL would probably find the bldg. quite interesting......it is supposedly one of the oldest "skyscrapers" in the Southeast. Built in 1906 as described here: http://www.mainstreetmobile.org/html/guide/walking.html

...photo #4

When you walk down the hallways you keep expecting Bogart to step out of one of the office doors.
As for my line of work, I am a communications tech, programming T-1s for a CLEC .
The hats......both "custom"....the Friday night offering is my newest addition from Art (the flash played funny tricks with the color of the hat)....Saturday was another source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner