Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your most hideous vintage tie.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:
I guess I'd call this one 'bizarrely' ugly. I've had it for years yet I have no idea what's going on with it. The label says 'J. Galet' All Silk, Beverly Hills. Any ideas?

tie2-2.jpg
[/IMG]

What the....?!

The first thing that popped into my head were those cave paintings at Lascaux, except in the prehistoric paintings you can actually identify the subject. Is that someone sitting on a log near the bottom of the tie?

Color me puzzled.

dostacos

Practically Family
Dinerman said:
I love '30s and '40s floral ties, but somehow this one doesn't quite do it for me. Looks a little too '70s-ish in my opinion. Maybe with the right suit and hat...
13.jpg
I think that tie needs a nice high vested suit:D

dostacos

Practically Family
Quigley Brown said:
I guess I'd call this one 'bizarrely' ugly. I've had it for years yet I have no idea what's going on with it. The label says 'J. Galet' All Silk, Beverly Hills. Any ideas?

tie2-2.jpg
[/IMG]
the Wraths from Lord of the Rings?:eek:

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Quigley Brown said:

tie2-2.jpg
[/IMG]

That is truly bizarre. A veritable masterpiece of bizarreness. The subject matter is anyone's guess. I think the artist that designed it was very drunk at the time,... it's awesome! :eusa_clap

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
hideoustie2.jpg

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...
Thank you,...thank you. :D And to think, you could have bought this very tie had you come up to my part of the state to the antique place I found it in, on the fateful day that I discovered it. Fate is so strange and fickle. :fing28:

Jovan

Suspended
I'll get slayed here, but I personally find all the hand painted and art deco variety unsettling. [huh]

I have a very ugly tie, but it isn't vintage. I can't believe I bought it at the time.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Thank you,...thank you. :D And to think, you could have bought this very tie had you come up to my part of the state to the antique place I found it in, on the fateful day that I discovered it. Fate is so strange and fickle. :fing28:

You PAID for it? :eusa_doh:

Or did they pay you to take it out of the store and save their reputation?

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Here's a couple more from that 'J. Galet' line of ugly ties. These guys are 5 1/4 inches wide at their widest....too wide for me to wear. It's funny that the labels say 'Beverly Hills.' Were these the 'cool' ties to wear at that time???

Sort of a chocolate/mint green combo:

tieone.jpg
[/IMG]

It's dark blue with some of those little ameoba critters on it:

tietwo.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points