Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your signature cocktail.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
With only rare exception, my favored cocktail is a tequila gimlet on the rocks.

When I had just reached drinking age, I was reading Raymond Chandler's THE LONG GOODBYE. Philip Marlowe and Terry Lennox drink gimlets in that great novel, which piqued my interest. But I can't abide gin.

But I was out with some fellow actors after a performance of A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE (I was basically an extra, while understudying the role of the paper boy), and the actress who played Blanche and Stanley's neighbor (can't remember the character's name) ordered a tequila gimlet. A light went on over my head, and I've been drinking them ever since.

They're damned tasty, as long as they're not made with -- ugh! -- Cuervo.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I found a challenger to my favorite Lemondrop Martini this evening. The restaurant called it a Pink Elephant, but I don't think it was the classic recipe. Mine was orange vodka, lemonade, champagne and cranberry juice with sugared rim. Quite tasty.

Pymander

New in Town
Mine depends on the bar, the hour of the day, and the time of the year. My favorites are a Hendricks martini garnished with cucumber, a Tanqueray and tonic, and a pint of the local brew -- usually Walkabout Worker's Ale or Southern Oregon Pale Ale (a newcomer, very tasty).

At home I tend to make martinis with whatever is at hand, or an old fashioned. Lately I've been pretty fond of bourbon-and-soda, too, since I got my own soda siphon.

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
For the cooler weather, I am enjoying Southern Comfort Old Fashionds, using Blood Orange Bitters in place of the traditional Angustora bitters.

Cheers!

RC

Woland

One of the Regulars
I am a sucker for a "Ladyboy", which is not what it sounds like (or is it?).
A rack consisting of:

1. Pint of Lager
2. Baileys Irish Cream on ice
3. Tanqueray London Dry Gin & Tonic

K-K-K-Katie

New in Town
My drink?

Depends on my mood.

Something hard? A nice anejo tequila, neat. I'm fond of Lapiz or Patron. Also a nice glass of Isle of Jura single malt, with just a drop of water. mmmm

Something soft? Guinness, period.

Something fruity? Whiskey sour, which I developed a taste for as a child.

My folks and grandparents lived 4 blocks from each other, and we had dinner together at least twice a week. Dad and Gramps had martinis (Dad's: pour vermouth in lid, pour back into bottle.. shake remaining drops in gin-filled glass. Grampa's: Threaten gin by showing it vermouth bottle.) and Gramma had whiskey sours. MMJUMMIE! (Mom looks at alcohol and gets lit.. no head for spirits.)

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
I was in the French West Indies for the Christmas holidays and everyday day (Yes I know it's bad lol lol lol lol...) I had a what they call a "ti punch"... It's actually a little bit of rhum, brown sugar and a fresh slice of lime!!! it's marvellous!! When I want to have a little cocktail, I always do my "ti punch"!! My friends laugh a lot because of this signature cocktail!!!

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
cocktail.jpg

hehehehehehehehehe *snort* yukyukyukyuk...lol lol

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
pennycarrol said:
I was in the French West Indies for the Christmas holidays and everyday day (Yes I know it's bad lol lol lol lol...) I had a what they call a "ti punch"... It's actually a little bit of rhum, brown sugar and a fresh slice of lime!!! it's marvellous!! When I want to have a little cocktail, I always do my "ti punch"!! My friends laugh a lot because of this signature cocktail!!!

YESS!! is that not THEEEE best cocktail you've every had???!?!?!?!!? i love Ti Punch!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy