Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your signature cocktail.

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Scotch and Soda highball, Manhattan, Pegu Club or a Sidecar. Sometimes I get my copper Cock-n-Bull mugs out and make Moscow Mules. More often than not, I pour myself a glass of white plonk from the 'fridge and am done with it...... Pinch seems to be the golden era scotch of choice, and not bad, either!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Shirley Temples (got to be hasn't it..!)

I love nothing better than sipping a fine Shirley Temple whilst playing a good old fashioned game of 'snakes and ladders'...;)

And you think I'm kidding...? :rolleyes:

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Now, Paddy, dear sir...

PADDY said:
I love nothing better than... playing a good old fashioned game of 'snakes and ladders']
This, I presume is a *game* played by consenting adults? Is it the one where you fill your apartment with six inches of Wesson oil and then...?

I get the *snake* part, but the LADDER part? [huh]

rumblefish

One Too Many
Vladimir Berkov said:
I like a lot of cocktails, but the one most people think is "wierd" and I guess is sort of a signature for me is a plain Campari and soda.
Campari and soda. Great after a big meal!

Not signature but a seasonal;
In a week I'll dig up last year's horseradish to prepare and jar. Some will go into a gallon of cheap vodka along with black pepper corns. This will sit until the fall, when the tomatoes from the garden are cut, deseeded, cooked and put away. The seeds get strained and the excess liquid "Tomato essence" which is lighter than tomato juice and almost translucent is saved. Then:
1. One part horseradish/black pepper vodka to three parts tomato essence over ice
2. A shake of Tabasco and a squeeze of lemon or lime

ortega76

Practically Family
Perhaps it may be "unmanly", but I love fruity cocktails. Not blended and frozen stuff. Screwdrivers, Bellinis, Mimosas. Basically, fruit juice and liquour.

I had a great brunch/late breakfast that included Italian Mimosas (Prosecco and OJ). Delicious!

Highlander

A-List Customer
Not a cocktail, but my spirits would be: The McCallan, The Talisker, or the Laphroiag... Neat.

Maybe a Bookers on the rocks.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
A cocktail Picasso and his chums used to drink in the Lapin Agile: they called it the 'Combine'

- white wine
- grenadine
- cherry liqueur

...and cherries. Yummy in the summer!

Warbaby

One Too Many
Laphroig neat or Oude Jenever when it's cool and cloudy. Mojitos or G&T when it's not. There was once a time in my life when I drank wine spodi-odi in homage to Slim Gaillard, but my stomach can't take it anymore.

alexandra

Practically Family
I just like to drink straight gin with a bit of lemon in it. Sometimes I have to settle for lime when I'm out but people are usually surprised with how delicious it is.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I usually don't drink cocktails - usually it's straight bourbon (Basil Hayden is my favorite, neat).

Recently, it's been Jim Beam and soda (suppose you could call that a whiskey highball) as it helps keep me from getting a little too loaded when I'm out. Also most of the places I frequent don't have top shelf brands.

Harley Quinn

One of the Regulars
Bombay Sapphire Pink.

2 shots of Angostura Bitters

Swill and leave in

2 to 3 fingers of Gin

Tonic (Full fat, none of that ghastly unleaded stuff) to taste...

Ice and a slice to preference...

otherwise, anything that you get your eyesight back after 24 hours and doesn't send you insane...

GreyAndWhiteCat

Familiar Face
Fantastic

Ah, the Louge is great, just great! I have read this whole tread! I have tried to find someone who could make a White Lady since I read about it in a Agatha Christie book 9 years ago! But nobody recognized the name. And finally I know! And it seems to be just my kind of drink!
I love Margaritas, and Lynchburg Lemonade, but the bartenders always make the last one to sweet I think.
And finally I also know how to make Sidecar! A bartender once told me it was non alcoholic! The Louge is such a great place for learning new things about classic things :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy