Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your signature cocktail.

rcinlv

One of the Regulars
I'll have what she's having: a classic margarita.

1 1/2 oz silver tequila (personal favorite is Oro Azul)
3/4 oz triple sec
juice of one lime

Shaken over ice

Served in a martini glass- no salt for me!

Cheers,

RC

Mojito

One Too Many
Yes! Like a classic daquiri

Unfortunately, some new mixologists are unfamiliar with these drinks.

I was at fashionable Sydney bar not long ago - they mustn't have had their A team on, as it was early evening, mid week. We ordered drinks, and I wanted a daiquiri. Stawberry? Mango? What flavour? asked the bartender. Just a straight up, classic daiquiri - you know, with no other fruit juice than lime. Two shots rum, one shot Cointreau. Did I want anything else in it? Was I quite sure? No sugar syrup even? All good. As he was mixing drinks, we got to chatting about vodkas - vodkas he knew! I went to the powder room before he got to my drink - big mistake. When it arrived at our table...

It was in a hurricane class. Bad sign. Sure enough, he's got a shot of Cointreau, two shots of rum, and has topped it up with freshly squeezed lime juice.

Imagine a hurricane glass full of lime juice, slightly diluted with rum and Cointreau.

miss_elise

Practically Family
at the moment my favourite is a Choc Mint Martini from the Collection which was recently voted the 36th best bar in the world (apparently)

at home i'm rather partial to a gin & cranberry

jawisher

Familiar Face
For me, it has to be a dry Sapphire martini with three olives. I know it's my signature drink, because I know that all of my friends would be able to tell you that.

Mojito

One Too Many
Another tasty one - although not normally fond of Grenadine drinks, I like this because it's a sort of sister drink to the White Lady and Pink Lady

The Boxcar

1 1/2 oz gin
1 oz Cointreau
1/2 oz lemon juice
1/2 tsp grenadine syrup
1 egg white

Retrobeme

New in Town
I mainly switch off between Martini's & Manhattan's. Right now, its Manhattan's tried a type of Whiskey (Sazerac Rye) which was highly recommneded in this forum. Thanks!

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Depending on my mood I'm one of 3, a Manhattan, a Sidecar or a Zombie. Love them all, but you can't always find a bartender that knows how to mix a zombie, and those are only for when I want something fruity.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I had the dirtiest vodka martini ever the other day and now I have to rethink my ways. So delicious.

Besides that, recent obsession with Manhattens and... why, I don't know, vodka sodas.

Rittmeister

Familiar Face
Gin gimlet, vesper or dry sherry.

Someone else may have mentioned this already, but a fun book on cocktails is "Hollywood Cocktails" by Tobias Steed and Ben Reed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy