Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your top ten hats of other Loungers

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
This is a great thread - I've been enjoying checking out the hats. Nice to see some of mine and I know Tony will appreciate that some of the Tumwaters are here.

I've been thinking about my favorites - I'll post a top ten at some point but it is so difficult. It is interesting that some of my absolute favorites are hats I probably wouldn't wear myself, Alan's big old westerns and that fantastic Ink Blue Homburg that Al (Delectans) has, come to mind. Actually I think Eric (Short Balding Guy) has a twin of the Homburg.

So many great hats...

Indeed! I was thinking of Eric's blue homburg, as well. That will definitely be on my list.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
OK, here's a start.

Al's dark blue Dobbs 20 - I love this one!

fadobbs20f.jpg

The previously mentioned Homburg - Al's Cavanagh. I gave it the edge over Eric's because I think it is a little older and it has a more lived in look. Both are fantastic,

facavapp1.jpg

Alan's Stetson furry western. I could have pick any number of these, but this one is a good representation I think. As with the Homburg, it isn't something I'd wear personally, but no getting away from its coolness.

1.jpg

Robert's Playboy AirLite - these don't come up everyday!

P1030717.JPG

Back to Al for his Bluegrass Whippet. I love this and was sooo thrilled to get the chance to have one of my own!

whippetbb.jpg

Hmm, decent start, I'd say!

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
+1

That's the thing: maybe a weekly Top Ten list.

Randall, I think you have a point there. :) It's a great idea to post new sets of favorites whenever we happen upon them. The difficulty of tracking down the actual images, as Jared pointed out, is another factor that will keep us from making definite top ten lists - if there ever was such a thing in the first place.

Wonderful additions, Dean, M0nk, Case, Jared, David, and Alan! Thank you for bringing back to our attention all those awesome hats!

Jared, I have saved the pics of Ale's Optimo silvergray with the shark's gill ribbon bow, and will post the hat once I get back home.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David's AB:

Particularly because I'm an Indiana Jones fan, but the grey AB sticks out in my mind from the film from this shot:
109.jpg

And I've always wanted that hat.

Jared, thanks for including my AB and for posting the pic of Ford in the same hat. Funny, I've heard it called the train hat, but never knew there was a train actually involved. I'll have to watch those films one day :)

Nik, thanks for posting Aureliano's Optimo. It's a shame he took his photos down because he has some fantastic hats. One of the bad things with this site is that there is no permanent gallery of photos which means a lot of classic images are gone - makes it harder for many to include photos in their posts as well.

Lt.Tom

Familiar Face
Not sure I could narrow it down to 10 favorites. This VS (Pretty sure it was Lefty's) is always near the top, though;
ry%3D480

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
AnA's Top Ten - Fur Felt

This was quite a tough list to compile!! There were so many hats to consider, and so many more that should be on this list. But in the end, I did have to choose 10. So I did. And in this post you will find 10 of my favorite fur felt hats. Then I will post another 10 of my favorite straw hats. I figured I could get creative with my list, since there were so many fine hats to choose from. Here are my 10 favorite felts...

1. Nik (aka Rabbit) - VS Bluesmoke

Rabbit-Bluesmoke-w-22charcoal-2_large.jpg

2. Alan (aka alanfgag) - Borsalino Ipersca

Alan-BorsoIpersca.jpg

3. Gene (aka HarpPlayerGene) - Borsalino Trionfo

harpplayergene-BorsalinoTrionfo.jpg

4. Al (aka delectans) - Trimble Rossolino

al-trimblerossolino.jpg

5. Tom (aka tomb1013) - Mallory TEN

tomb-Mallory10.jpg

6. seabass - LEE Blue Label

seabass-leebluelabel.jpg

7. Mike (aka mikespens) - Borsalino

mikespens-borso.jpg

8. Douglas - VS Navy w/ Brown Ribbon

douglas-VS.jpg

9. Robert (aka rlk) - Walnut Cavanagh

robert-walnutcavanagh.jpg

10. Unknown Member - Portis Super Lux

PortisSuper-LuxBlue.jpg

You can probably tell from the pattern that I like greys, browns, and blues. Like I said, there were way too many hats to list. I have so many more favorites from other members like bowlerman, randooch, chepstow, rodkins, and many more!! Thanks everyone for posting so many awesome hats!! It's been a really fun archival. Cheers!!

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
AnA's Top Ten - Straw

As explained in my previous fur felt Top Ten, I have compiled so many awesome hats, but I've been in quite a pickle to only choose 10 for my lists. So, here are the 10 straw hats that really stand out on my head...

1. Josh (aka joshbru) - Milan Conversion

josh-milan2.jpg

2. Iyor - Panamabob Custom

iyor-Panamabobcustom.jpg

3. David (aka DJH) - Disney Milan

djh-disneymilan3.jpg

4. Alan (aka alanfgag) - Knox "Buffalo" Boater w/ Domed Crown

alan-Knoxdomedboater.jpg

5. LexyBeast - Dobbs Milan

lexybeast-dobbs.jpg

6. Lefty - Optimo Milan

lefty-optimo.jpg