Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your top ten hats of other Loungers

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Narrowing down to 10 was a veeery difficult task. I can't rightly say these are my definitive Top Ten, but I'm reluctant to go diving into the Lounge search function again. Most of the posts had multiple pictures of the hat, so to keep it all in one post, I provided the links to the exact posts wherein the hats were posted.

I would've included JimmytheLid's Melton (the one that sparked the "undertone" debate and the "lavender" jokes a while back), but he has for some reason taken that photo down.

HarpPlayerGene’s Stetson Privateer

Stetson Privateer:
DSC_0007-1.jpg

One of Perry's Dobbs Rainbows

pw017-3.jpg

Yesterday, Dobbs Rainbow, with a fly in the band for a feather.

Lefty's gorgeous black Stetson Nutria Quality

Stetson Nutria Quality
DSC_0183.jpg

MayserWegener’s Goldsiegel Trachten velour

This is a interesting one. I am thinking early 60s. The green velour felt is very lush and pliable. It has a high crown, wide brim, no taper with Trachten elements.

3726096561_65015703d7_b.jpg

Delectans Optimo Tungsten satin finish

DOUGLAS’s Stetson “The Boss” Raw Edge

Mario's Louis Custom Hatters. I think this one was refurbished after narrowly escaping a fire of some sort. Wish I could find close-up shots of it. Will do if I can.

My getup for this night...

Yes - it's the Louis Custom Hatters again.

louis_custom_hatters_12_31_10.jpg

Rusty’s VS Milan “Barnstormer”

A new VS , The milan Barnstormer.
barnstormer006.jpg

Thunderball’s Art/Mike hybrid

This is my Fedora Fest IV hat. It is the work of 2 master hatters. The bow was made by Mr. Art Fawcett and the hat was made by Major Mike Moore. A crossbreed. 100% beaver, 2-5/8" brim, center dent, the color is camel and the open crown height is about 6".

IMG_2252.jpg

Rabbit's Mallory Nokabout, formerly Ordinaryguy's, formerly David's, formerly Aureliano's, formerly Zetwal's. Photo posted and link provided are from David's entry into the Mallory Mile thread.

To stop my green Mallory from getting too lonely, I recently acquired a nice Nokabout.

It's a stylish hat and very light and comfortable to wear.

D328175-L.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Oh, I didn't mean to correct you, Alex. :)
I mentioned it because it's kind of rare to see a vintage hat go through five loungers' hands. Isn't it?

Neophyte

It sure is, especially since it's such a rare, fine-looking piece. I would say it's cursed, but all the previous owners seem fine lol. Belated congrats on the acquisition!

Last edited:

Neophyte

You know, Hato, that reminds me of one of your Dobbs Rainbows. Gonna have to change my list to include it.

And thanks for including the Joicy :). I don't know about a bluish green one...unless you mean that turquoise Stetson "The Buckaroo" that I sold to Major Moore (who then sold it again). I met the current owner during FFIV. He wore it a heck of a lot better than I did.

Last edited:

Neophyte

I do not. I must've deleted them because Mike Moore bought it off of me almost as soon as I had gotten it...actually, you know what, I think he has a picture or two of it on the Buckaroo Hatters Facebook page. Other than that, you might have to ask Mike, or track down the new owner through Mike.

Note* Yeah, I found the pics. I'll upload them in a minute.
Update: found them, sadly no pics of the inside of the hat.

This hat always struck me as attractively bizarre. The only other Stetson Buckaroo I've seen was a Silverbelly flat-brim owned by JimmytheLid. Wildly different from this example.

8399406895_d8833739bf_z.jpg
8399406875_dd27d160c4_z.jpg

Meanwhile, if y'all want to see some nice hats from other Loungers to help make your list, you ought to take a look at the Buckaroo Hatters facebook page. I found an album called "Fedoras Out on the Town", which is an almagamation of Lounger photos from the participants of FedoraFestIV (Covington/Memphis). Here's the link to the album page. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/?set=a.413623285324756.91084.167951053225315&type=3

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
eye catcher, and stunning. now seems like a good time to disclose that I' m in line with major Moore for another hat that this Thurl fellow pictured above inspired. I can't wait!

One Too Many
It is not easy to choose the top 10,
Among Robert, Steve, Perry, Chepstow, Rusty, Aureliano, Andykev, Matt Deckard, Alan, gtdean48, Buler, bowlerman, dinnerman, joshbru3, carouselvic, rickblaine, blackthorn, danofarligton, widebrim, etc., Etc., They really like 1000 and beautiful hats ¡¡¡¡

E. Klenz Wiener Velour

This pristine + rare beauty belongs to Robert (RLK). Definitely one of my favorites.

"Perfect fit and a Velour that seems to brush either way. Homburg size brim curl is even all around. Only info I found was that they were an exhibitor at the Paris Exposition of 1900 with other Austrian Producers of Velours."

P1060220.JPG

P1060218.JPG

P1060219.JPG

P1060221.JPG

P1060222.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran