Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zac Brown's Fedora

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
There were two nice fedoras on the Grammy Awards tonight. The first one was a nice black one worn by Zac Brown and I can't for the life of me remember who was wearing the second one but it was equally sweet. These were both nice full brim lids and looked to be of good quality. It was nice to see us tastefully represented on TV.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Zac-Brown.jpg

brown.jpg

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
The black hat Zac had on doesn't do much for him another color would have been better. Not a fan of black fedora's as they don't show up well. But it is better than what he normally wears a stocking cap. Jack's blue mid ribbon looks nice.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Jack's hat was pretty sweet, though I didn't catch the awards. The guy behind him there had a very nice hommie, too.

slide2799252087128free.jpg

Last edited:

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I really liked Zac's and Mumford's lids. Nice pinch on both. I thought Zac actually looked very good in his. It is hard to pick up detail with a camera on a black fedora but I caught enough to know that they were some of the best fedoras I've seen on one show at one time in a long time. Beats the hell out of the usually stingy brims on the hip hop artists (not that they are bad but just not my taste)!

Last edited:

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Bruno wore a Borso on SNL, so he's at least ahead of the curve when it comes to fur felt over wool, even if modern Borsos aren't like their vintage cousins.

I like that brown one above.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
He does look pretty pale. But the "I'll wear a black suit, with a black tie and a black shirt, because I'm afraid of a tuxedo" look definitely doesn't flatter his "studio tan" complexion. The hat is sweet, but I'm not sure it works with the outfit.

Now that I think about it, it's the outfit's fault. If he had gone for a midnight blue jacket and a white or blue (maybe even a pink) shirt, it would have helped his coloring and have complemented the hat better, too. I'm not sure that any hat would have gone well with the blackout look.

Given the flaccid appearance of his hair, he might have done well to stick the hat on his head to at least give a bright note by his face. He's a great musician, but I kind of doubt he'll be bringing out a designer clothing line.

Maybe he just wanted to avoid wearing white or white stripes?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21