Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zelda : The Magazine of the Vintage Nouveau - NOW AVAILABLE!

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
just received it ...

... and it's a winner. Greatly enjoyed the articles on Zelda Fitzgerald, King Kong, The Fedora, Janet Klein, and the two cocktails which I shall make posthaste (I need maraschino cherry liqueur, which I ran out of after some Aviations or Aviators or whatever those are called).

Am utilizing the "jass" article to fill out the holes in my jazz collection. Very nice.

Thank you!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
In hand...

...and loving it!

I just did a quick scan and I can't wait to delve into it more. The step-by-step finger wave instructions look interesting. The Madame Yevonde images are worth the price alone! The "On the Town" section is so fun. Thanks for sending it out so quickly.

btw Please let your advertisers know that listing in Zelda is a great resource for the reader. I'm a newbie and this was a great way to discover products and services I might not have known about.

Dr Doran

23SkidooWithYou said:
btw Please let your advertisers know that listing in Zelda is a great resource for the reader. I'm a newbie and this was a great way to discover products and services I might not have known about.

I second that motion! Nice work!

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Thanks, everyone! I'm so glad you're enjoying Zelda's premiere issue! :) I'm already coming up with ideas for issue 2 (which will be out at the end of April 2010)!

And Skidoo- I will definitely tell our advertisers what you said...thats wonderful! If you patronize our sponsors, we'd love it if you mention that you found them in Zelda! ;)

Dr Doran

The heavy, high-gloss paper is a wonderful touch too, and will increase the chances of this being a collector's item.

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Doran said:
The heavy, high-gloss paper is a wonderful touch too, and will increase the chances of this being a collector's item.

Wow- I hadn't thought of it as becoming a collector's item! But thanks!!!

I did want to make sure that we used high quality paper...that was a priority. :)

Dr Doran

clubwitsend said:
Wow- I hadn't thought of it as becoming a collector's item! But thanks!!!

I did want to make sure that we used high quality paper...that was a priority. :)

It's impossible to know which things we do in life will be examined years later and appreciated by collectors ... and this is one reason why I try to do things well. I'm pleased that Issue 1 was so nice.

simmonsgc

Familiar Face
Nice!

Doran said:
It's impossible to know which things we do in life will be examined years later and appreciated by collectors ... and this is one reason why I try to do things well. I'm pleased that Issue 1 was so nice.

Thanks for the heads-up on this new periodical. Yes, this is done very well. Methinks it's the kind of thing you'll see on eBay 5 years from now...back issues going for $100 a pop. Congrats to all involved!

Cheers,
GC

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Thanks, everyone! How nice! :)

By the way: if you're in the USA and want your last chance to receive Zelda/send it as a gift to your vintage pals before December 24th, get your orders in by tomorrow!! I'll be making the final mailing on Friday morning before the holidays!!!

http://www.zeldamag.com

clubwitsend

Practically Family
Marc Chevalier said:

Have you had a chance to send me an issue yet? I haven't received it thus far :(

I have it right here! Going in the mail tomorrow! So sorry for the delay- I barely re-check my FL inbox, and I should more often! Yikes. But its going out tomorrow! :)

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Reading "Zelda" and deciding on a new Hairstyle from Robert Robert's style guide on page 52"

4597776017_c6f6cc278f_o.jpg

"I Rationed myself to an article or page a Day, working from the shoe advertisement on the back page , so as to make the pleasure last longer"

clubwitsend

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:
"Reading "Zelda" and deciding on a new Hairstyle from Robert Robert's style guide on page 52"

4597776017_c6f6cc278f_o.jpg

"I Rationed myself to an article or page a Day, working from the shoe advertisement on the back page back, so as to make the pleasure last longer"

Love this!!! Thanks for posting! (Those are my feet in the shoe ad for My Vintage Sole...heehee!)

I just received issues one and two today! Impressed with the quick delivery, format, quality, and content. Well worth the money.

Was stoked to find an advertisement for Nostalgic Corner in Issue 1. I recently purchased a mannequin head for my girlfriend and we were both exceptionally pleased with our, oops, her vintage style roaring 20s deco dame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk