Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1966 Pea coat

CC-1

Familiar Face
A couple of interesting features:

2447466370106528583S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Federal Stock Number included on label (no big deal)

2208728760106528583S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Corduroy pocket color matches dark blue Kersey
Reference jacket with button and closed pocket is current Sterlingwear

2940787000106528583S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Sun exaggerates blue colors and washes out black background reference with white scratches.
But corduroy is distinctly blue.

2584028370106528583S500x500Q85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A bunch of these little tags with pin holes were in one of the pockets. Note two slightly different versions.
Because of the dozen or so of these tags I wondered if the jacket was a "second."
Perhaps pulled out of a production run and just stored away.
The coat is dead stock, never issued or worn but the lining was kind of rumpled.
Dry cleaning took care of most of it but faded the print on the label a little bit. (not shown)

P.S. The collar is just sewed on- no fancy stichwork showing when turned up. When did beautiful stitchwork disappear?

Peacoat

Bartender
Not sure what you mean by "fancy stitchwork." Some of the peacoats have an unfinished appearance to the underside of the collar, if that is what you mean. I seem to remember having one like that a while back. I never pay much attention to the underside of the collars as I only occasionally turn mine up when it is snowing, raining or very cold and windy.

I did check the underside of all of my collars from WWII through 1980, which is the newest model (Melton wool) that I currently have. All of them, WWII, 1949, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s and the 1980 model have the finished underside of the collar. I wouldn't say the stitching is "fancy" but it does give a finished appearance and something that wouldn't be noticed with the collar turned up.

CC-1

Familiar Face
collar

I thought the old coats had collar stitching like I've seen on some of the flight jackets in the forum.
Frankly, I have never examined an 8 button coat.
Thank you for looking at your inventory though.

PeaCoat-1.jpg

Peacoat

Bartender
I haven't seen blue corduroy in the pockets before. A rare feature. I have seen one each of black and green, and a whole bunch of the brown corduroy.

Peacoat

Bartender
Interesting detail on the collar. None of mine have that feature. I am down to one WWII coat, so there isn't much for me to compare in that era.

Scott has a WWII peacoat. If he reads this, perhaps he can check the back of his collar to see if it has this type of stitching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland